BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 01-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Lurker

Default 05 roketa 250 buggy fuel in the oil and more?

I am trying to find out why i am getting fuel in the crank case. I thought it might be the carb so i bought a new one. Did not work.There is a line that comes off the bottom of the tank that splits and connects one line to the intake between the carb and intake and the other goes to the carb itself. when i try to start it it seems to continue flowing gas after it doesn't start and leaks fuel out between the carb and the intake. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP Thanks
Old 01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Administrator

You should check how the lines are set up. The thing on the bottom of the tank is called the petcock. There is a bottom line and a top line. The bottom line is the one that should go to the vacuum T that is between the intake and the carb. The top line is what actually provides the fuel to the fuel bowl. When you turn the engine over or when it is running, it provides the vacuum that turns the fuel on. If you have a bad petcock, and you have those lines crossed, there is constant fuel supply to the vacuum T which will fill up the intake. Make sure you have the lines correct. Bottom to the T and top to the fuel inlet of the carb.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Your original statement was about fuel in the crankcase-Correcting what Buggymaster explained may take care of it assuming that the flooding is so severe that you have fuel bleeding into the cylinder through the valves and is getting by the rings.Is there signs of fuel coming out the exhaust?Otherwise you have a cracked something in the head causing this issue.Fuel in the crankcase will ruin the rod and other bearings very quickly and can very hazardous for explosion or fire.How was it running proir to this issue?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Lurker

Thumbs up fuel in the crank case 05 roketa 250

I understand the petcock lines as in the top one goes to the carb and the bottom one goes to the T . I took the petcock off of the tank and it seemed to be working correctly, but when you try to start it and it doesn't fire i go back and look at the bottom of the carb towards the intake by the air fuel mixture screw and I have fuel running out of it. So I disconnect the line and the fuel slowly stops but fuel continues to come out of that line unless I plug it off. The buggy ran decent before having this issue. One day I went out to ride it and decided to check the oil and when I did fuel spilled out. So I drained the oil/gas and refilled it with oil. Decided not to ride it at that time and a week later went back out ,checked the oil and here is fuel/oil again.Thought it was the carb at first but now with the new carb still having the issue.Wanted to talk with some people that have any knowledge of these buggies as this is the first one I have owned.Does anybody think it is the fuel petcock? Thanks for the responses
Old 01-09-2011, 10:08 PM
Heavy Contributor

Your petcock has failed. The vacuum line is leaking fuel into the cylinder.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Lurker

Default 05 roketa fuel in the oil

thought that might be it but it seemed to work when i took it off.that is my next part to purchase. Does anybody by parts on line in the united states and if you do who do you go through? I bought the carb from atvpartsman.com out of texas. Ordered on a monday and had carb on thursday has anybody ordered from roketaparts.com and if so how was the service?

Last edited by dirtbikedave; 01-10-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 AM
Heavy Contributor

I've changed all my petcocks out high flowing manual valves. I have spare parts if you're interested in a setup.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Eliminating the petcock as GX150 suggests is the only real way to have control on your fuel supply.The petcock is designed to only let fuel flow to the carb when vacuum is applied by cranking/running the engine and NOT flow without a vacuum present.The fuel overflowing into the engine and not out the overflow on the new carb is wierd.Almost sounds like a stuck main valve/float in the carb but should still run out the carb overflow.Don't forget to plug the "T" in the intake line when you change over to an on/off valve.The best part about a valve is when/if you park the buggy for awhile you can turn off the fuel and run the carb dry and eliminate the gummed up mess in the carb.You can buy a valve at your local auto parts store-same type you'd use on a riding lawnmower, just match the line size.Also add a see-thru type fuel filter after the valve that let's you know when fuel is present after the valve.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

GTX 150 is correct you are leaking fuel through the vacume side of your pump. Do not drive in this condition. It wears rings and pistons quickly.

Tom
Old 01-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Lurker

Default fuel in the crankcase 250 roketa

Thanks for the help.I bought a new carb and the fuel petcock/pump that hooks on the bottom of the tank and all problems fixed. YEE HA!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Supporting Vendor

Tom