BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 06-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Lurker

Default TAV upgrades

Not a lot of Info here so I am posting a link.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/ge...g-springs.html

The two spring secondary solution to increasing clutch presure.
The mixing of springs and use of lighter primary weights.

All a good read.

If someone wants to copy and paste it or sticky it you have my blessing....

For those not OMB members who want to know what the secondary looks like I will upload some pictures.

For those unwilling search for or make a counter wound spring like I did the factory green spring suitably stretched and normalized ( follow directions in link ) seems to function just as good as mine.

Word of caution:
There are only two bikes running this modification.
We don't yet know if there is the possibility of clutch component failures yet.
What works on a bike, may not produce the same results on a heavier under powered Kart.
You could end up witha clutch kit thats not going to open up the secondary at all if you don't have the power and rpm range of a modified engine with billet parts.
Any modifications to an engine and or clutch system without the use of a billet flywheel and rod means you risk personal injury and by standards who may be hit by flying parts.

NOS.....

http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/al...pictureid=1645

Once more thing I want to hightling and show is the hefty steel washer betwen my jack shaft nut and clutch secondary.
This is a just incase thing.
At some point in the near future I am going to machine a better back up to the snap ring since this factory part is under a lot more stress than originaly designed for.

Last edited by Newoldstock; 06-17-2012 at 02:25 PM.