BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:00 PM
Lurker

Default "new" cart guy here....trying to figure out what I bought! LOL

Hey everyone. I picked this cart up from a friend who dug it out from under a tarp where it had been sitting for the last 10+ years. It was pretty rusty but other than the floorpan, it just required some serious wire brushing and sanding. I cut out the floorpan and had a buddy at work make me a new one...that'll get welded in shortly so I can finish painting the frame.

Looking ahead, I see I am missing some sort of wheel/drive hub that would attach the left rear wheel assy to the drive pulley and brake disc. Caliper brake (need to find new disk...rusted out big time, caliper rebuilt and works nicely), axles are solid (not live) and 3/4", clutch and drive are a belt setup. The rear drive wheel assy was tore apart when I got it, no doubt the hub went bad, it got tore apart and that's the day it started it's decade long "sit".

The closest pic I can find on the web would be a Manco Powersports Indy from the early 2000 range but it is not an exact match....close enough that I am thinking this might be a Manco but a different year than I was able to find pics for.

Anyone know what make/model this is? I am trying to find some sort of parts breakdown so I can figure out for sure what I need to get ordered. I think I have the rest of the kart sorted out, other than I might want to add some aluminum wheels. The body is near mint and whne its done, it should be a great, clean and nice running cart (yeah.....I got the engine running too afte that long! LOL)

THANKS in advance for any knowledge you guys can share! 8) Here are a few pics.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Wow! I'm thinking that's an old schooler!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:57 AM
Heavy Contributor

Pretty cool looking thing.
No expert, but the thing looks pretty straight forward. If you can Weld, Fab. Guessing you can set up a New, or different brake disk system from some other type of Cart, or buggy.
Looks like a single spinner. Is axle solid? or just one side?
Old 09-21-2016, 07:58 AM
Lurker

For what I know, it could be 15-20 years old? I'll check the engine numbers to see when that was built...might be a clue. It looks like it has the original engine.

I was only able to find one picture online that truly matched what I have and it was a guy selling one on craigslist. I emailed him to see if he had any info on his (model, age, etc) and got no reply.

Surprisingly, it is in great shape, minus the rotted out floorpan and I have the new one ready to weld in.
Old 09-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkeagle View Post
Pretty cool looking thing.
No expert, but the thing looks pretty straight forward. If you can Weld, Fab. Guessing you can set up a New, or different brake disk system from some other type of Cart, or buggy.
Looks like a single spinner. Is axle solid? or just one side?
Solid axle, so I'll need some sort of hub on the drive side to handle the belt and the brake disk. The brake is functional, just need a new disk.

Yeah, I know I can fab something up / find something and make it work. Was just hoping to find the parts that fit and be done with it. I have already spent too much time on it LOL!
Old 09-21-2016, 10:06 AM
Contributor

Cool

Similar looking one on Rochester N.Y. Craigslist . Due your search - gocart , one word . Spelled with a c .
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY

Last edited by OLDKID; 09-21-2016 at 10:15 AM. Reason: detail
Old 09-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Contributor

Cool

Another one on Buffalo N.Y. Craigslist , due your search - go kart , two words , spelled with a k for this one .
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY
Old 09-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Lurker

Update...it is older than I thought. The engine was manufactured in 1993. SO now I am searching for early-mid 1990 karts!