BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-21-2018, 02:07 PM
Lurker

Default Looking for replacement seats for Dazon Raider Classic 150cc

I recently purchased a Dazon Raider Classic 150cc project and I am trying to find replacement seats for it. It came with a single car seat so anything would be an improvement. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 01-21-2018, 06:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Jegs.com or summitt.com. You will get a better seat for less than the chinese seat. The seat will be less but the shipping is like 80.00 since it is a big bulky item Jegs and Summitt have cheaper shipping due to the volume they ship. Pay attention to your seat width so you don't end up getting one too wide that won't fit. You can adapt your mounts to the new seat. Seat will be a much better quality as compared to the new chinese seats. I think mine for my Blade cost me 147.00 and if right time shipping was free.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:32 PM
Contributor

I don't know about a Dazon but on my kinroad the poly racing seats are too wide to fit 2. I had the 3/4 seats with only the bolsters on the outside edge. The seat of them were something like 17 inches wide. The poly racing seats are either 20 or some are 21 inches wide.

Its been suggested to use polaris rzr seats. From what I've seen they fit pretty good. In my area if people are replacing them they are tore up so they are not worth scrap. If they are in good shape they want $500+ for a set. Frankly I'm cheap and not paying more for a set of seats than I gave for the whole buggy. I found a source for factory replacements (3/4 ,like I had) but they are $150 plus $20 shipping per seat.

Right now I'm running one of the poly seats because I had it and my seats were gone because the frames had rusted away. Holding out in the hope I can find a set of rzr seats for less than $200. If not I guess when I finish restoring everything else I'll just have to pony up for seats.

Frankly I was surprised and a bit disgusted with seats. You can find just about any other part for these dirt cheap but a high wear item like a seat you are SOL.

Last edited by neo71665; 01-21-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 12:55 PM
Supporting Vendor

I did forget about that. If he has the wider buggy which I believe he does they have 15" wide seats which will work fine.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:41 PM
Contributor

These are the 3/4 seats I'm talking about

I wish mine was that clean. The body was 95% great. They took the time to clean it but it looked like they let mud and crap gather and sit under the seats rusting the frames completely.

Last edited by neo71665; 01-22-2018 at 08:06 PM.