Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Need help zircon 150cc buggy. - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 10-31-2018, 03:59 PM
Lurker

Default Need help zircon 150cc buggy.

Recently purchased and think I got hosed on a zircon 150cc buggy. I have taken off of a running buggy a carb,stator,magneto to get the spark to it. Now it will idle great, but as soon as you hit the throttle it bogs down and dies. Also has zero power driving anyone around. Did a compression check with a harbor freight checker and the highest I got was around 90 psi. So where do I go from here and where can I get an engine relatively cheap?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181031_165741.jpg (103.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20181031_165757_HDR.jpg (106.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20181031_165806_HDR.jpg (101.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-01-2018, 01:34 AM
Contributor

Time for some new rings and maybe hone the cylinder to. A lot cheaper than a new engine. Have you adjusted the valves yet?
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD
Old 11-01-2018, 04:16 AM
Power User

did you do the compression test with the throttle wide open? worn rings and you'd be getting smoke and plug fouling. sounds like dirty fuel and carb.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:43 AM
Contributor

Default Where to start

You could have several issues.

So we will start at the beginning

Clean fuel and get a new fuel filter.

Next pull your air box and see if this fixes the problem.

The boxes are known for being very restrictive and also don't actually protect the engine very well.

Check your jetting and your air fuel mix on the carb.
Clean the carb.
It does not matter that it worked on the other buggy it was set up for that buggy and now its on a different one. plus if it had debris in it and you took it of and shook it around it may have gotten stuck in your jets.

Check you compression with the throttle held wide open.

Check your valve adjustments shout be no more than .05 on either one.

you said you changed the stator did you make sure you put the fly wheel back on exactly where it came off.

Check your timing. You didn't mess with it but it doesn't mean the prior owner didn't.

Look into your carb when you try to give it gas and see if the black slide is going up and down as you try to rev the engine. if its not moving you have a vacume leak

while its at idle spray some carb cleaner around the intake neck and back of the carb.

If it bogs then you have a leak at the intake. Could be loose connection or cracked.

Any of these can cause the issue your describing and a few others that I may not be thinking of right off.

Im sure someone else will chime in with their ideas as well.

Just remember if it is just a compression issue then a new set of rings and a cylinder with gaskets is cheap and easy to fix. there are plenty of youtube vids that will show you how. Same goes for the valve adjustment plenty of vids and it is free. where as a new engine is $600+ for even a cheap Chinese one
Old 11-13-2018, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Another thing that can cause this is that you are just not giving it time to warm up (i.e. let the choke come off). Had one of these and it was one of the ones that you had to barely tip into the gas until it was warm. The choke takes about 5 mins or so to come off. Let it idle for a few and see how it does once warm.