BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > BuggyMasters.com Suggestions

BuggyMasters.com Suggestions Have a suggestion for BuggyMasters.com? This is where you post your request.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Contributor

Default buggymaster post on other links....

i tried to reply in 100% agreement with him about keeping the supported vendors "supported" on this site but replies are apparently not permitted. some people do not realize what kind of time, money and effort go into these sites. without sounding like a b-hole, people have no problem loging on to the site, asking a ton of questions from the people here with years of experience and then supporting other sites' vendors for parts. i'm not saying that that you are limited to this site only but be fair when it comes to the "give & take".
if the supporting vendors on this site get nothing in return when sharing their experience with us then we will have no forum to exchange comments, ideas and thoughts with each other. it's to everyones advantage to spead it around.
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
39T SPROCKET (coming soon)
Old 05-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Administrator

The news section is just informational for site-based information which is why there is no replying in there. Thank you for your understanding. It is very difficult to moderate what is best for the site, members, and the vendors as well without offending someone. Expecially when I am the type to believe in freedom of speech.

I'll say this again, links are fine provided you are not constantly promoting a vendor who shows absolutely no support of this website. Use your better judgement. If I feel a post to be damaging to the well being of the site, I will make adjustments as necessary to protect the well being of the members and this site.

For example, someone posted a link to a company in CA that is selling brand new Carter GTR's for $3k shipped! Quite beneficial to the members if you ask me. Does that company support our site? No. Have they ever posted here? No. But that is one hell of a deal and very beneficial to the members here and that is my number one concern.

On the other hand, there was another link to a vendor that not only sells parts in direct competition to our vendors, but they also have their own forum where they specifically state that links to other forums is not allowed. Am I going to allow that? Probably not.

BuggyNews however is something that is no longer in the censorship list. They were at one time while our membership level was being built up however they don't restrict mention of us, so we don't restrict mention of them. As well, there is a wealth of information over there which again...is beneficial to our members... so a link to one of their posts is welcomed as a link from them back to us is welcomed over there as well.

Things are tough right now financially for buggy parts providers. I do NOT sell parts and have no conflict of interest in that regard. Ultimately, the "one big happy buggy family" will do good for everyone involved and that is where we are heading. The only thing I will put in front of that philosophy is the well being of the members here and the existence of this site is very much part of that mix.

Feel free to post as you see fit. Just use common sense. If there is a problem (which rarely happens) I will let you know.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Contributor

Bugymaster wrote " Things are tough right now financially for buggy parts providers. I do NOT sell parts and have no conflict of interest in that regard. Ultimately, the "one big happy buggy family" will do good for everyone involved and that is where we are heading. The only thing I will put in front of that philosophy is the well being of the members here and the existence of this site is very much part of that mix"

That is so true, we all are working to get the buggy's where the atv's are. I am on the staff at another forum trying to get up and going, even tho they are not into buggys yet, we have a good relationship with them also, its all about growing the sport
Old 05-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KID4LIFE View Post
... without sounding like a b-hole, people have no problem loging on to the site, asking a ton of questions from the people here with years of experience and then supporting other sites' vendors for parts. i'm not saying that that you are limited to this site only but be fair when it comes to the "give & take".
Since I feel I'm at the heart of the current link controversy,,,

will you please show me what I have "taken" from this site? Can you show me the "ton of questions" I've asked? Or maybe it would be easier to show some of the informative posts I've made, or more jovial retorts.... But "tons of questions?" Yeah, SHOW ME where I have burdenned tis site.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Lite Contributor

BuggyMaster: "Feel free to post as you see fit. Just use common sense. If there is a problem (which rarely happens) I will let you know."
Kliff unless he let you know, I don't see the need to call yourself out. I think what was going on is just an old repost of some basic community rules that the recent surge of new members may have overlooked. No need to stir the pot, so to speak.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:48 AM
Contributor

No Kliff ir right. Me and him both had the same issue. I was'nt gonna respond to any of this just because it dont really matter to me. I dont know how many sponcers we have here. I do know Tom Syc. Great guy, great dealer, great motor builder, and I would consider him a friend. Same goes with BigE. Those are the only 2 dealers I hold in that regard. I understand both sides here. The problem is that you just dont really know whats off limits. On BN we post links to everything in the world. If it happens to be a bad dealer, the members let it be known. The admin dont care because we police our selves for the most part. I've jumped on a few guy's for selling parts over there when not a dealer. When it's obvious they are a dealer and just dont want to pay or what have you. I do this because they are cutting our dealers throat. I would love a cheaper supply but not at the cost of trusted dealers. Maybe this site dont have enough members to do this kind of self policing, I dont know. But If I'm being honiest, it's a bit of a turn off to know your link could be deleted.

I would also look at the quality of the dealer verse the price of the buggy. Many folks have gtr's for around 3000 because there the last of the old model there trying to get rid of. But when you get one with a bad tranny, will your dealer fix it???? Thats the diffrance
Old 05-06-2010, 05:26 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckorlando View Post
No Kliff ir right. Me and him both had the same issue. I was'nt gonna respond to any of this just because it dont really matter to me. I dont know how many sponcers we have here. I do know Tom Syc. Great guy, great dealer, great motor builder, and I would consider him a friend. Same goes with BigE. Those are the only 2 dealers I hold in that regard. I understand both sides here. The problem is that you just dont really know whats off limits. On BN we post links to everything in the world. If it happens to be a bad dealer, the members let it be known. The admin dont care because we police our selves for the most part. I've jumped on a few guy's for selling parts over there when not a dealer. When it's obvious they are a dealer and just dont want to pay or what have you. I do this because they are cutting our dealers throat. I would love a cheaper supply but not at the cost of trusted dealers. Maybe this site dont have enough members to do this kind of self policing, I dont know. But If I'm being honiest, it's a bit of a turn off to know your link could be deleted.

I would also look at the quality of the dealer verse the price of the buggy. Many folks have gtr's for around 3000 because there the last of the old model there trying to get rid of. But when you get one with a bad tranny, will your dealer fix it???? Thats the diffrance
as for those cheap gtr's yes carter is getting rid of the last ones at a rock bottom price and allowing a california dealer to drop ship them.

BUT all of the remaining gtr's have NO WARRANTY WHAT SO EVER. the dealer can do a warranty that will come out of his profit
Old 12-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Lite Contributor

Folks are gonna buy from internet vendors and pass along cheap deals to others. Its just the nature of the business. I have bought some items from some unknown ebay vendor. I took a chance on a mod part and it worked out for me. Although, I did not go posting what a great deal I got on the item on BN, nor will I mention it on this site either. But I will say that I use trusted dealers like the ones mentioned above and have spent several dollars with these guys and will continue to do so. Thats because these guys are what makes these sites possible.
Stroker Crank/BB 180 kit
Mikuni VM28 - 35 Pilot - 140 Main
A12 cam
blaster shocks x4
vapor speedo
Old 12-24-2010, 12:21 PM
Contributor

in regards to the post on 5-5-2010,
i owe kliff a HUGE apology if any of my words were taken as pointing the finger. i have sent him a personal apology and i will do the same as a public post. i feel terrible that my comments seemed to be directed towards any individual. they were not. i feel even worse that the post is 9 months old and i just seen it today. i'm not very good at navigating through the site and don't see some posts that i have already done......but that's no excuse. kliff, i am sorry and please don't take anything i said personal. i hope you will accept my apology.

dave
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
39T SPROCKET (coming soon)
Old 06-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscarrlay View Post
busy day on the camper-fire,hob and cooker all working.filled water tank and pump is working still no water.pulled hose off water tank and shoved coat hanger up to see if any blockage none found.the only thing that is concerning me is the height of the pump (on shelf under sink) in relation to the bottom of water tank the water has to travel up this hose on a diagonal across the width of the van then up to water pump so im wondering if the water isnt close enough for pump to work if you see what i mean
Some small pumps like those used in campers, motor homes, etc, have no "lift," meaning the suction side of the pump, cannot lift a column of water, that it them pumps. The small pumps require a head pressure, by mounting them under the level of the water to be pumped. Check the documentation that came with your pump, it should advise you about mounting, and even in some cases the line length and diameters to use for maximum efficiency.

Sorry for such a generic answer, but pumps, and pump design, is actually a science unto itself, and all the variables are usually considerred by the manufacturer and supplied with installation instructions. Many people toss that set of instructions, and do it "their way." Sometimes they get lucky, sometimes they don't. Pumps, is just one of those areas, where following the instructions makes more sense that trying to "wing it."
Hope this helped.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:23 PM
Contributor

I was a member of the above site talked about since Feb 23,2008 and had 4109 posts and was banned for 2 weeks in Dec 2011 and then was a permanate ban since Jan 2012.Did I insult other members yes but only after I was insulted and put downs and they went as far as to make crude and filthy remarks about my wife and I know who was involved in this trash but I just let it drop.I was part of the members for almost 4 years that helped keep that forum alive though the long bitter cold nights and days as well and I fully supported the buggy venders on that forum and never used profanity nor attack the the owner or moderators of that forum.........but owner I will ask you now what did I do to get a permanant ban???MAN UP. manncoman
Old 06-16-2012, 05:35 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancoman View Post
I was a member of the above site talked about since Feb 23,2008 and had 4109 posts and was banned for 2 weeks in Dec 2011 and then was a permanate ban since Jan 2012.Did I insult other members yes but only after I was insulted and put downs and they went as far as to make crude and filthy remarks about my wife and I know who was involved in this trash but I just let it drop.I was part of the members for almost 4 years that helped keep that forum alive though the long bitter cold nights and days as well and I fully supported the buggy venders on that forum and never used profanity nor attack the the owner or moderators of that forum.........but owner I will ask you now what did I do to get a permanant ban???MAN UP. manncoman
MM, I'm one of the people you had "bickerring" disputes with, and some comical, but never profane.. But I never took anything personal, nor went there with anything personal, nor did I ever make ANY comments about your wife, That was during the final stages of my own wifes bout with cancer, and could not even imagine attacking another man's wife. I must admit, I was shocked to hear you're banned, regardless of language used.
How about it BIGE, if MM wants re-instatement, let him back in. Standing up for one's wife, even if you get a bit carried away in the process, should not call for permanent banishment. MM should be let off with time served.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:22 AM
Contributor

Only one person talked about mancos wife and thats Mike. Manco was'nt banned because of any of that. Manco was banned for starting off the wall threads, asking questions then not following what was told to him, but most important, he was banned cause someone had to take the fall and he was the easiest scap goat that would make the least waves. Manco did'nt cause the problems. People who could'nt take it continuing to read and post to his stuff cause one aspect of problems. Pete using manco as a catalist for his editing, deleting, pming, and baby sitting duties caused the issues.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Contributor

That ain't right. I know MM posted some L_O_N_G drawn out posts, and sometimes went off on tangents that I couldn't figure out, but I honestly beleive, some of that was done on purpose, like he said, to keep things going, when the going was slow. I picked on his posts, I also got a lot of enjoyment out of them, and laughed till I hurt at times. I really beleive MM took it all in stride, and used some of his off the wall ideas to keep everyone entertained.
The reason I say that, is because you DON'T see him doing it here. It had to be intentional, and was entirely HARMLESS!
There was no NEED to ban him for any of his long drawn out posts.
On the other hand, ANYONE, maliciously attacking his wife for any reason, should be gone, and rightfully so.
But for Pete and BIGE to keep MM out for the reason you stated Chuck, well that's just WRONG., If MM wants back in over there, then they shouold let him back in, he was like a fixture over there, and one of the FIRST things I noticed missing when I returned, and regretted NOT seeing.

Last edited by kliff; 06-16-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Contributor

I always had a good time with mancoman. I've defended him to everyone from Big, cotton tail, and half the guys on buggy country. Me and manco had our back and forth thing for a long time, but it was almost always in fun. He never meant to cause no trouble.

Far as wives go, well I aint gonna talk about peoples wives or kids. Mike was already banned when that happened. Mike's a little wild. hahahaha. Thats my boy but he will cross a line no one else will in a second. But Mikes his own man and stands on his own two feet. There is no them or those. Just Mike in this case.
Old 06-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Contributor

And for old times sake this is a special one just for you Manco

GOBBLE GOBBLE
Old 06-16-2012, 04:13 PM
Contributor

ChuckO as far as Mike goes he sent me an e-mail back in early March wanting to know what I had done to get kicked off bn and invited me to join buggy country for which I started to do but I never completed the registration form.So a couple weeks went by and then he sent another e-mail cussing me this time!-nice guy Mike you aint changed a bit!!!........Kliff Thanks for the help if I get back on bn that's fine but by the same token I'm happy here as I like BuggyMaster and metalstudman1 and the guys here as well and would miss them and I don't want to leave them either and never will . mancoman
Old 06-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Contributor

Cool Beans MM, I like it here too, just didn't want to let BN go by, without having voiced my opinion on what was done to you there. this is a good place, just waiting for some of those haunted warehouse type ghost stories...LOL!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Contributor

Well Manco dont let what ever happened with you and mike to reflect on your opinion of others. You'll always be my little buddy even when you piss me off. hahahaha. Glad to see your doing well