BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Lurker

Default new member

i have a carter 250 i would like to modify.i want more top end and more power on take off.money is not an option.i want the best but need reliability.what carb,jets,intake,filter,sprockets,clutch,cdi,plug etc.is the big bore kit worth it or should i wait for that.i already broke the posi unit carter sent me a limitted unit.any help would be appreciated.also have a carter bros talon 150 i changed the clutch variator and 13gsliders but now i keep snapping belts six in two weeks.case gets very hot.these karts arent babied we ride rough help please
Old 02-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Administrator

That is odd on snapping the belts. What variator did you go with? 13 gram sliders should work well in that machine. Heck we had them in one of ours for nearly a year with no issues. Call tom at SYCPowersports and see what he suggest for your mods. (see banner at top of page). Also, I assume that is the GTR model that you have for the 250, correct?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Lurker

yes it is a gtr