BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Lurker

Default Just got a ASW Hornet?

Just pick a ASW 3170 Hornet (i think, it was originally yellow). Its a basket case but it was free. I understand that it may not be the best buggy out there but my 11 yr. old daughter loves it! I generally go over board on my rehab projects so I'm sure this will be the same. Engine runs, missing a few parts including 1 front wheel and 1 rear wheel. My first concern is new larger tires/rims for more ground clearence. Any suggestions? The rear rims slide onto a spline axle and the front rims on a short rod w/ a cotter pin set up. Thanks in advance to this question and the many to come!
Old 04-25-2012, 02:33 PM
Lurker

I guess it would be good to explain the set up too. Currently the front tire is 145/70x6 and the back tire is 16x8x7. Our main riding area are trails that have some larger rocks in them. Currently, 4 wheelers and Mule has no problem so im looking for more ground clearance
Old 04-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Power User

Pics always help the most. the 6 inch front rims are at about their max height tire-choice wise. To get anything taller for more clearance, you'll need to get some 8-inchers--then you'll also have to look at frame clearance etc. Welcome to the lunacy .... ))
Old 12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Lurker

Default Finished it!

Well I first posted in April when I got this basketcase and I finally finished it 2 weeks ago. After much flip flopping, my daughter decided to choose a color very similiar to the one when we first got it. Of course she made that decision after I sand blasted the frame! After a lot of web searching and late night adjustments it is up and running. My daughter luvs it and after 2 weekends of riding around a friends property and trails she is already asking when she can start racing it. We will have to upgrade to a better buggy for that but in the mean time she is having fun. All new tires,seat,braking system,shocks and a new flag! On to the next project - 1975 Chevy C 10 Stepside Pickup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0007.jpg (95.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF0071.jpg (99.4 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg finished buggy 2.jpg (99.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg finished buggy.jpg (97.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-28-2012, 06:36 PM

aaahhh, nuthin like fresh paint!!! sweet little buggy!