BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-01-2014, 07:52 AM

Default Yet another "long distance" score!

Hi, my name is bear and I'm a buggy addict! I did it again! Got off work Friday drove 6.5hrs to get a Tomberlin 150 & another Dazon single seater for $700! The tomberlin runs like a top, has the howits engine, I do need 2 new ball joints & anew brake line for it. The Dazon needed a starter, which I put on, runs a little rough so I'm gonna dig into it a little bit and the master cylinder is froze up, no biggy! Already sold the Tomberlin (what a big -ss buggy!) it really didn't interest me since it has no reverse! a good friend bought it. Oh I also got alot of spare tires with them, mostly turf style. Over all I think it was a good score, pretty much recouped my money on the sale of the Tomberlin!
Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 AM

Lol bear ur like a big kid, wheres the pics!, I to wouldnt mind another single seater i need to sell the yerf dog first
Old 06-01-2014, 09:46 AM

Had I done this, the new buggies would include divorce papers. And an eviction notice.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 06-01-2014, 10:25 AM

Ahh Bear.... Too bad someone between you and I just put a tomberlin with reverse for sale for $750
Old 06-01-2014, 10:28 AM

Saw it yesterday. Anyways I think there is a support group somewhere for people like you. Oh yeah you are already a BM member.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Lurker

Jeeze Bear 6 1/2 hours is a quick drive to have coffee with a buddy around my neck of the woods! I once drove 6 hours (one way) to buy a fish aquarium, I have long since been cured of that addiction.

I am having Tom Syc build an engine for a worn out little 150 my wife drove 6 hours to buy in a frenzy! The very next day we bought her a new Kandi spyder 250!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 08:21 PM

Just a quick update, I got the Dazon purring like a kitten now, just had to clean out carb & tank it runs real smooth now and fire right up with a flick of the switch! Now the bad, the mastercylinder & both front calipers are beyond saving! so I just started taking the best parts of both the blue ones and melted together one really nice one for now til I can buy some more new parts! The tomerline is just waiting for the parts to arrive, some how my good buddy Ray convinced me I should fix it up for him! lol
Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 PM
Heavy Contributor

I tell ya if you got more money and another ache to drive 500miles come check this baby out!
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/snw/4503034328.html
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 AM

Got the parts for the tomberlin in the mail yesterday, and finished it up. My buddy is coming by today to pick it up! Then it's on to the blue ones!
Old 06-27-2014, 04:51 PM

Ok just another update on this thread. Got the tomberline over to my buddies and went to do a reverse bleed on the new brake line only to find out that the master cylinder is froze up on it! so I told him to take it off the buggy and give it a good cleaning to see if it would free up, and we would give it a try when I come home next weekend. As for the other Dazon single I picked up I got it all together and "finally" got the brakes to working on it, so I took it out for a test run only to find out it wont run to WOT not sure what the problem is but I will start with the basics i.e. carb, valves, cvt, and go from there! I'll get some pics up soon my daughter has posession of the Canon right now! lol
Old 07-06-2014, 10:05 AM

Default Oh boy, more work!!!

Yep, it's me again, another quick update. The tomberlin is a done deal, the mastercylinder was just stuck from setting dry for so long. The Dazon is a different story, after further investigation I'm surprised that this thing ran at all! It had two different size valves in it, a broken valve seat, and is in need of a new piston kit! now none of this is a big deal to repair, just a matter of some parts being ordered, and replaced, but a little honesty up front would have went a long ways on this one! So for mow I'm just gonna swap out engines with my other buggy, and make a full blown project out of the third, with a full tear down a sandblast and repaint, and maybe even a bbk from Tom!!! somebody stop me I think I'm losing control!!! bohaha