BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 03-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Lurker

Talking Buggy ID Help

What exact buggy do I have? Got it for free, so I thought it would be great project for the family to tackle and enjoy once it's running again.

Ok, I think it's a 250cc JEHM buggy....I think. I've re-built a few Jeeps before and was able to find the OEM service manuals. Does anything like that exist for these buggies, in particular the engine?

From the looks and condition of the buggy, it looks like it's going to be a complete restoration in order to get her ready for my daughter to drive.

1st up is a engine/electrical analysis and rebuilt what's needed.
2nd up is the suspension setup
3rd is addressing the cancer/rot on the frames

Since you guys on here are the "masters" (all pun intended), am I headed in he right direction with this project. Please school me as needed on how you would proceed with getting it ready for a 13 yr old.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Power User

It's a Jehm 250 like you surmise. I just picked up a Sunl single seater with essentially the same frame design. Hoop roll cage, baskets front and rear. engine parts you'll likely be fine on, plenty of the same basic 250s out there unless there's something oddball about this one. Most of the chassis bolt on items interchange through the brands. The base frame if it's heavily pitted/rusted through may be an issue repair wise unless you're handy with the fab work and have the tools and equipment. Like many other buggy/kart/atv companies, looks like they're out of business. Finding free .pdf manuals for some online is easy for other's they're non-existent or are "owned" by a distributor or buy out company and only available for a price. (like my Sunl)
There is a section here with various manuals, a lot of times all the info you need is in a manual by another company.

Last edited by x-bird; 03-04-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM
Lurker

Found a link on Buggymasters that led me straight to the manuals.

I have a JEHM Hawk 250. Here is where everything is at http://www.familygokarts.com/parts_manuals
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 PM
Super Moderator

I just posted on your welcome thread about posting some pic's!!! You may still be able to get parts @ A&J parts in Georgia (aka-Adly). Jehm products seemed to be built very well, so restoration should be well worth your time. It appears to be all there and that's the most important thing. Good luck
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Heavy Contributor

The Hammerhead GT250 and some Kinroads and Roketas use the 250cc engine in a rear swing arm with a solid axle. You will have you best luck matching up exhaust headers from one of those brands if you do not plan on fabricating a custom one.