BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Lite Contributor

Default Will the shocks work on BDM Scorpion zx265se

I was checking out these shocks on northern tool and was wondering if they would work on these BDM Scorpion carts. I know the shocks on my buggy are worn out completely..when you compress them they rise up very slow and they don't take much force to compress them. What would be the proper way to measure my current shocks? lift up on it til the tires are off the ground and then measure?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...ct_22932_22932
Old 04-09-2012, 12:44 PM
Super Moderator

Pull your shocks completely open to measure- or as you said till the wheels leave the ground.Those shocks you're looking at are terrible!!! pogo-sticks,only spring loaded, no oil.IMO- Just about any other shock would be better.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:53 PM
Lite Contributor

the buggy I'm looking at putting them on isn't really all that nice to begin with..I'm looking at about a $40-50 budget on shocks. If you know of any better in that price range, let me know. The buggy isn't as big as my tomberline punisher so I figured these northerntool ones would do the job.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

They'll work just fine taking in the bigger bumps- those are the same shocks that come on many karts/mini bikes. Does the 12" eye to eye work out?
Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Lite Contributor

http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/en...icleCode=24488

Here's a link to what my buggy looks like. I think those 13 1/4'' shocks would bolt right up. My Punisher has the longer type that you can swap out for Blaster shocks.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

It appears that the buggy/kart has the same type shocks as the SC ones (hydraulic) that sold out- they were 12-3/4" eye to eye- Have you checked to see what size will work on yours yet? The 13-1/4" is a total length on the ones from ,12" eye to eye/bolt to bolt. That Scorpion looks pretty light so most shocks should work okay. Your Punisher shocks -rear 13-1/2" are pretty common but the fronts 18" are not, they are just spring loaded too.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Lurker

I have a American sportworks 7150 quantum I'm looking to upgrade the.shocks I'm.a.bigger guy and want to try and have little better shocks any suggestions were I can find some at a reasonable price
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolboys02 View Post
I have a American sportworks 7150 quantum I'm looking to upgrade the.shocks I'm.a.bigger guy and want to try and have little better shocks any suggestions were I can find some at a reasonable price
Measure your eye to eye measurement- go to E-bay, search for ATV-snowmobile shocks that match your measurement.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 AM
Lite Contributor

It looks like the factory shocks are 12.5''s eye to eye and the northern tool ones are 12''. Do you think I could get by with using those? I found some of the factory ones online but they are $30 a piece and these northern tool ones are $30 for the pair.