BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Where to buy LED lights

What kind of LED lights would you guys recommend to replace the headlights on my hammerhead and where could I buy some?
Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM

Default Right here!

If you'll look down in the right hand corner of our forum page, you will see one our supporting vendors is LED lights, I'd give them your business if I where you, since they support our group!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:18 PM

Oops, I mean lefthand corner, sorry!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:57 PM

Website is down. It has been for several months.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:01 PM
Contributor

I got two 18w 6 led lights from amazon for $39.00 each. The problem with our buggy is it is a/c so when wired up they would flicker after a minuet of run time. So not sure how much they would draw I put one on the drivers side left the passenger side light wired up. Ran a wire from a overhead toggle switch to the battery and when running the voltage with the light off was 14.5 on it was 13.4. So I only ran it when it was dark on our last trip. It is super bright and didn't cause any charging issues or voltage problems, I would like to get a diode ac to dc converter but not quite sure how to do it yet.

This is a video of our last trip and could only ride at night due to the heat 106.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZz6...=youtube_gdata

Last edited by Johnny 5; 05-07-2013 at 09:01 PM. Reason: edit
Old 05-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Lite Contributor

So are all gy6 150's ac powered? I have a spot on my dash for a cigar lighter powered outlet on my buggy so does this mean that all my lights and that power outlet is run off AC power? Kind of a noob to all this electrical stuff on buggies.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Contributor

If your light turn on with the key they are dc, if they come on only with the motor running they are a/c. As for all the electrical know how I am still learning how it works. I was able to run the lights from the battery with a switch and inline fuse at the battery. I only ran them for about two hours or less and no problems so far, time will tell. But just I 18watt 6 led light is plenty for my buggy, plenty of light compared to the 2 15w lights.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Lite Contributor

They turn on with the key so I guess my headlights are DC powered. Is this good news? What is the highest power of LED lights I can run?
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Contributor

baker3 what kind of buggy do you have? I would recommend not going over the watts your bulbs are now. I went with 18w because the lights in my buggy say 18w on the bulb. My owners manual says 15w so probably stay close to the stock watts. I am happy with the 1 led light and two would be crazy bright. They also sell 15w 5 led lights on amazon. I got the ones that are for work/offroad that can handle some bouncing around.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:49 PM
Lite Contributor

I got the Hammerhead GTS150. I looked in my owners manual and couldn't find the watts of my stock headlights. I planned on only getting 15W LED's just to be safe. I just want better lights because the ones on there now are a really crappy spotty beam pattern.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 PM

Just about any LED light would be an upgrade compared to stockers. The good thing about LED lights is they draw less than 1/10th of the power incandescent bulbs use, hence you can run a lot more LED's in their place. I plan to use some off road driving lights when the time comes.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'