BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 09-04-2017, 02:23 PM
Lurker

Default Trailmaster 150 electrical issue

I am having an electrical issue with my trailmaster 150 XRS. Battery is good, good voltage at connector between engine harness and main harness and at the start of the main harness. However, I dont have any voltage at the dash (no lights, no power to ignition switch, etc.) FYI...this is a DC CDI. Should I just change out the whole main harness, or is there something else that I should check first. Electrical is a weak point for me. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2017, 06:54 PM
Lurker

Don't take this the wrong way but did u check the main fuse to see if it is blown???
Old 09-05-2017, 09:55 PM
Lurker

Yes, I checked the fuse. I actually just fixed it. I checked the battery at rest, but not under load. It turns out that under load, the battery lost voltage. New battery solved the problem. Thanks for the reply!
Old 09-07-2017, 08:32 PM
Contributor

Check grounds. I had issues with mine when I first got it. The problem was a loose ground on the belt cover.