BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Electrical Tech

Electrical Tech General Tech for Electrical issues not related to specific engines (Lights etc)

Old 12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Lite Contributor

Default How to wire Ignition Toggle and a Push Button Start

Hi I purchased a electrical panel from summit racing. It has and ignition toggle switch, and the a push button to start it along with 4 other toggle switches for headlights...etc.. I am using the duramax, 16.5 hp electrical start engine, still in the crate havent installed it yet but I want to use the ignition toggle switch and the push button start instead of the key block that it came with. Could some help me and let me know what wires I will need to run to the toggle then from the push button to the engine. Thanks alot...Robert
Old 12-14-2011, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Is there a soleniod?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:02 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Solinoid

Yes there is a solnoid on the engine.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Can you post a pic of the key switch (wires) so I can see how many and what they are doing to advise the simplest way to convert it to the control panel.
Just for information's sake- your soleniod should have 4 wires- Battery in(heavier gauge wire), battery out(heavier gauge wire) to starter & 2 smaller wires to activate/connect the two battery wires in the soleniod. Cut one of the small soleniod wires and go to the toggle "off" position terminal, from the "on" position of the toggle go to one of the push button terminals, the other terminal of the push button goes back to the other small wire on the soleniod. That simply interupts the key's function. Is the control panel wired?
Old 10-29-2012, 02:32 AM
Lurker

Default carter talon

hi new here i have a carter talon gx150IIR i have a toggle switch and a push button ignition switch i want to install my question is where do i connect the cdi ground wire so i get spark to my coil also headlight wire? it has the five wire ignition not the three thanks for any help in advance

ignition switch
red=fused battery power
black=lights
yellow/red stripe=small wire to solinoid
green=ground
green/white=cdi ground

two post bush button

two post on /off toggle switch