BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 07-15-2013, 07:25 AM
Contributor

Default Some issues with a used cn250

So i swapped this guy for a used Baja Reaction 250 Saturday. It cranks up and runs on first crank. The issue he was having though is that is starts dumping fuel our of the air box somewhere. I took it apart and did find fuel in the air box, or what i believe is fuel. I believe it is coming out of the breather hoses out of the top of the valve cover. I also found gas or maybe coolant in the oil when i drained it. It was very runny. One thing i do notice is that the compression seems kinda high, near 180psi after 5 or 6 cranks. I currently have the head ripped off, as i am going to send it to Tom for a P&P and shave. Cylinder and top of piston look good, but i am debating on taking the cylinder out and checking. Also the engine in this buggy seems to make quie a bit of vibration noise. Is this normal? What are your thoughts on the gas or whatever that is leaking out of the breather hose? I am more familiar with the gy6 so any help would be appreciated.

Also the front wheels seem to be out of allignment, the top of the tires lean inward. Don't know much about the suspension on these things and would appreciate the input there as well.

Plans right now are to have the head P&P and shaved, add UNI filter, rejet carb, throwing in a 1500 main spring, and 17g rollers. Anyone else know of some good mods to wake this thing up or what size jet i should try with the P&P and UNI? Right now i believe there is a 110 main, and i do not know the pilot.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 07-16-2013, 04:56 AM
Heavy Contributor

Im no mechanic but heres my 2 cents. Check ur float may be stuck or sitting to high. Your front tires come slightly pitched for better cornering and handleing i believe they all come like that now. Vibration noise on the buggy maybe have to tighten every nuts and bolts on the roll cage muffler. Tank etc.. with impact... i had to do that with my 150 baja reaction.... oh yea if the float isnt ur problem then it may be something with ur vacuum lines. I believe you have vacuum lines on yours.. hope this helps...Eddie.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:03 AM
Heavy Contributor

I re read what you said. The hose coming from the head going into the air box just remove it from the ait box and let it hang down low by ur drive chain. The oil that comes out of there utilize it to lubricate ur chain. Factorys run it to your air box for stupid epa reasons. Just let it hang down low. Its normal for oil to come out of there its an over flow hose.. hope this helped also...Eddie.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:38 AM

I agree with Eddie, check the float circuit in the carb, sounds like fuel had washed the cylinder and diluted your oil. Coolant in the oil would make it look like chocolate milk and might be kinda thick.

Check your cylinder for scratches, top and bottom, don't know how long it has been run like that, and fuel is not a good lubricant for engines.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 07-16-2013, 06:18 AM
Power User

ditto all the above plus the if the float is stuck open the chamber will flood with gas and give a higher reading initially. may also be he's got the fuel hoses routed the wrong way. and as always, pictures! especially the front end.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Contributor

Anyone have the ported, polished and shaved head from SYC on their 250? Just curious what i can expect when i get this thing back together. Will also be adding UNI, 17g rollers, and yellow main spring.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust