BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 07-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Lurker

Default Fox Carbide 7150 Clutch and Power

Hello, I'm new to this forum but there seems to be a wealth of information on here. My son's Carbide stops pulling when it gets hot. I'm pretty sure it is the clutch coming apart. It's in the shop right now. I'm not real impressed with the low end takeoff or the overall speed. My question is this; since it's in the shop right now and the clutch will likely need to be replaced, does anyone have any suggestions for upgrading the power while it's in the shop? THANK YOU!
Old 07-25-2017, 11:18 AM
Lurker

I'm just starting my buggy journey but have done a lot of basic reading. Someone else can chime in with a bit more specific info to help you out but I'll do my best. The guys here are great. The more we document, the more it will help the next guy in our situation which I think is pretty cool.

I would look into some new weights for your clutch. They come standard with rollers but if replacing or upgrading, I would look into some sliders. For myself and my needs, I will be picking up some 12g sliders. To my understanding I should gain a bit in the bottom end while not losing much or any from the top end. There are other clutch mods that can be made but i am not comfortable giving you any info on those as I am just still learning myself. A uni filter to replace the stock airbox would also be a good step. Keep in mind that any changes to your air will likely require some carb tuning and jetting. Maybe have a quick read through my thread ("Regaining lost torque") which is just under yours and you can pick up a bit more info. Hope that helps somewhat and good luck. Keep us updated.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:03 PM
Lurker

Thank you! I did read "Regaining lost torque". There is a lot of good info there.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:33 PM
Lurker

Glad that you found it helpful. Good luck.