BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 08-08-2016, 08:27 PM
Lurker

Default 2016 TM XRS300 purchase fyi

A few things I wanted to mention, just as an fyi:

My purchase from Gokartusa:
I wish I had found this site (like so many others) before purchasing from gokartusa, but everything actually went very well. Delivered on time, no damage, no missing parts, no hassle with purchasing.
I have not had to deal with any service issues, so I can not give any feedback there.
Interesting though, the crate came from BV Powersports in Carrollton Tx.

An excellent write up for the new owner, thanks!
http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3137

It seems they have solved a few of the things pointed out, or maybe the XRS model is really different.
- no electrical gremlins to chase (so far)
- the radiator is in the front, so not as exposed
- the radiator cap is easy to access (in front)
--Note: Seems odd at first, but makes some sense; the fan blows forward. So it doesn't blow hot air on the driver, but seems it might have to fight driving forced air direction.
- the chain adjustment plate that had to be modified to access the gearbox fill plug, now has a cut-out for direct access
- oil was clean and level was fine 'out-of-the-crate'
- gearbox oil was clean and level was fine 'out-of-the-crate'
- the 'crate' itself is a steel frame cage, while the buggy is wrapped with plastic wrap and cardboard
- the steel frame cage is then in a cardboard box and on an over-sized wood pallet.
-- so even though you could punch through the cardboard boxing and damage the buggy itself, crate to crate banging damage seems very low.
-Bolts & nuts all seemed tight, but went ahead and used Loctite on everything to be sure.

I know this is a single data point, but maybe the company was bought out and they kept the site. Or maybe gokartusa cleaned up their act. Or... ?

So, all in all, happy with the purchase, happy with the kart!
-jay