BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-15-2017, 01:19 PM
Lurker

Default gy6 ext reverse issues

Hello-

I am new here... I just got an older Sunl and am restoring it... I bought a new gy6 150cc... I installed th engine, but I am having an issue with the ext reverse lining up with the sprocket on the driveshaft... the 2 sprockets are about 3/4 of an inch misaligned with the gearbox all the against the outut housing (using the old bushing)... So I need to either mover my gearbox futher away from the housing (giving me less spline engagement) or move the axle sprocket closer to the gearbox sprocket... I hope this makes sense... I can post pics if needed... Thank you in advance for any help!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:59 PM
Power User

kind of common with your situation in that the output shaftsa often varied from one manufacturer to the next. if you have welding skills, think about moving the engine mounts over, that way there's no compromise in terms of the spline area or spacing the sprocket so far over that it isn't on its "hub." otherwise split the difference and shift both towards each other to minimize.

pics are always looked forward to
Old 05-15-2017, 11:09 PM
Lurker

Thank you for the reply... I ended up modifying the rear engine bracket (chain adjuster)... I shifted the rear of the engine about 1/2 an inch... It may not be a long term solution, but I think it will work for now...
Old 05-16-2017, 06:57 AM
Heavy Contributor

Are the sprockets still running parallel? I would think just moving the rear would kind of cause a twist.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:56 AM
Supporting Vendor

Take the shaft out of the old engine and install it in the new engine.