BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Carbide owners help! (Oil Filter)

Fellow Carbide owners or anyone else having knowledge,
Where can I find a replacment oil filter for my son's Carbide? He got it Christmas morning and has a little over 5 hours on it and I need to change the oil. We have the model with the oil cooler and filter. I called ASW and was told that there was not a cross reference replacement filter ie. WIX, Fram, etc.... The customer service rep said that I could order replacements from them direct for $10.00 plus shipping. Any help will be greatly appriciated. Is there a replacement from Autozone or Advance etc? or am I stuck having to order from ASW?
Thanks
John
Old 12-29-2009, 02:19 PM

I would take the oil filter in to Auto Zone or something and just find one that looks the same.

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!
Old 12-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Lite Contributor

Josh,
Thanks, I found a filter through a supporting vendor at a much better price than ASW plus I needed to order some mods anyway. Speaking of mods, I noticed your list looks similiar to my shopping cart. What did the 10g sliders do for the performance of you carbide? I am not sure if I should get rollers or sliders. So far (53 miles) my son's machine has performed great with plenty of power to even carry me (240 lbs) easily on and off road. We were at a local sand pit a few days ago and had no problems at all in the sand. All of the miles have come around the neighborhood and the day at the pit. My son has had it to 47 mph on the speedo and me at 42 mph. I am going to get the 1500 rpm main spring, uni filter and re-jet. Your thoughts?
Thanks again
John
Old 12-29-2009, 03:26 PM

Well, first off, always pic sliders over rollers. It's in the way they are shaped. They give you a best of both worlds, torque and speed. Plus, rollers are prone to getting flat spots on them, which I'm pretty sure makes your acceleration jerky. The 10g sliders I put in my Carbide noticeably increased my low end power with out taking too much from the top end speed, roughly 3-4 mph. But I'm in the process of regaining that through various other mods. Like right now I'm in the middle of putting a high performance variator on it, and on christmas day I put my no rev CDI on it, I could definitely feel it was punchier after putting that on it. I will come back later and tell you what the new variator did for me.

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!
Old 12-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Administrator

If bige hooked you up on the filter that is great. I would be surprised if autozone or any other place like it would have anything similar. Beware of what you wish for on the mods section. Josh likes his 10g rollers but I personally would never consider it as I have always felt the machine ran pretty good with stock configuration. We have had 13g sliders before and they were pretty decent without much top end loss. We do a lot of flat tracking and because of that, the stock configuration works rather well for us. If, however, we were doing a ton of trail riding wth a lot of hilly terrain, I would prefer the sliders. I've always liked the 1500 main spring as well. Glad to see you are enjoying the Carbide.