Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
New Buggy Question - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 11-19-2018, 11:26 AM
Lurker

Default New Buggy Question

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking at getting a Buggy for my 10 year old. I want something that will last her a few years. I know absolutely NOTHING about this stuff. We originally looked at getting her a 4 wheeler but the price range that I was ok with I was told was for a "6 month" Chinese 4 wheeler and that I was better off paying a small fortune for one that would last over a year. I don't mind spending a little more, but this is for a 10 year old. Long story short, local 4 wheeling accident had me second guessing a 4 wheeler. I started considering the safety aspects of 4 wheeler and a buggy, Buggy won.

Now, I've been looking at a hammerhead mudhead and the Trailmaster Blazer 200r. I want something that I'll actually be able to fix if it breaks (hopefully it doesn't break that much) and that will last a few years.

What I really want to know is the longevity of the two. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:02 PM
Heavy Contributor

Chinese buggies are inexpensive and easy to work on, they're fun, but they're not known for their longevity and dependability..lol

If you leave them out in the weather they will rust pretty quick, the seats will deteriorate, and the plastic parts will get brittle and crack.

With all this said, if you keep them inside when not in use, and you maintain them, they're a blast at an affordable price.

Japanese 4 wheelers are so much more expensive because they're much better quality. A good Japanese 4 wheeler will last decades with proper maintenance.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Contributor

My son has a Chinese 4 wheeler that is about 10 years old now. I got it used from my cousin because they drained the battery, burnt the starter up, and not mechanically inclined enough to fix it. Kept inside it's life and all the maintenance done regularly. Still going strong and holding up just fine. Best $200 I ever spent.

These things are not as good as Japanese stuff but they get badmouthed because too many people buy them cheap and don't take care of them. Once they break because of stupidity they start screaming how bad they are. The engines on both the buggies and atvs have a lot in common so one isn't any better than the other.

Buy a Chinese buggy or atv and take care of it and it will last. Beat and thrash on it without ever servicing it and it will be broke in 2 months.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Contributor

I would look at the Trailmaster or Hammerhead 150cc buggies. Kids will outgrow the small ones pretty fast. Plus you'll be able to ride with them. And then can upgrade/mod for more power later too.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD