BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM
Lurker

Default Restoring a Manco Red Fox LXT

We recently purchased a Manco Red Fox LXT for our son. It seems to be pretty good working order. The previous owners had put the wrong belt on so we have already fixed that issue. Right now my biggest problem is finding parts. I'm being told that the parts we need are obsolete and aren't made any more. We need a top roll bar and the torque converter cover...both aren't essential to the operation of the go kart but are more safety issues. Does any one have suggestions for finding older parts like these? I have started searching ebay and craigslist but I don't really want to buy another kart...I just need those parts. I know I will have some other questions in working on the engine to get this thing back in optimal working order. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:31 AM
Power User

Roll bar-- you should have a lot of local modified class racers around your area. Most of them do their own cage work, and work on the side as well. Usually for the price of a box of cold ones they'll bend you up some tubing. Tubing's around a dollar-dollar and a half a foot nowadays. They also need sheet metal, the cover is not much more than a 2-piece box with the bottom open. you could grab some thin aluminum, tin snips and rivet or bolt one together pretty easily and for less than it would cost to ship the parts to you if you find them.