BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 03-16-2021, 09:35 AM
Lurker

Default Oil feed for a GY6 turbo

Im adding a small turbo to my GY6 and i'm looking for a suitable point to tap into but i'm getting conflicting advice.

One person said there is a position on the engine where oil can be taken from and sent back to but he couldnt remember where.

A video on Youtube where a guy had fitted the same turbo to a GY6 from a point in the cylinder below the carb close to the crank case.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, i did search and couldnt find much, but where is the best place to take a turbo feed from?

TIA
Old 03-21-2021, 08:50 AM
Heavy Contributor

there is a crank case half with pressure/ return ports machined in the galley that feeds the head. It was found on some early carters and dazons. the ports were intended for the addition of an oil cooler. the tia scooter guys use these case half's for turbos. I don't know anymore who supplies these cases but they are out there. I recall posting some pics of this case half some time ago. do a search in my posts for oil coolers.