BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Lurker

Default Im BRAND NEW here, and would like some opinions please!

Hello Everyone.

This forum was the best recommended so Im happy to have joined.

I have just recently bought a "Mini Buggy" 90cc for my daughters birthday - she hasn't even gotten it yet. I feel I paid the right price for it and it is in near perfect condition so Im happy for hear (she's going to be only 6). Its a MiniBuggy F90 2 seater 2010 - $400

HOWEVER: I have spent my childhood and teens, running and racing everything with a motor!! (mostly quads) Now that Im in my mid 30s with children I miss it more and more. So dad has decided to also buy one for him and mom to use with the girls ;-)! I am a big man so I don't want a kids "toy" but I want to purchase used within reason - this is a recession.

I have found a "Carbide Quantum 7150" that I think is an 09, and a "Crossfire" 150cc W/O rev. Both are in the price range and both look to be fun. The difference; The carbide is in near new condition with 400hrs, the Crossfire is NOT but looks like something I would bring into my shop, hit with the plasma cutter, grab and ol' snow-machine, and Frankenstein it!

I want to buy something that not only will be fun and trail able, but also leave room to upgrade to make it, well, a big boy toy...

I feel the carbide is the best option but would like input please.

In addition, there is a 250cc w/rev and rear independent suspension for sale near my area also - 60% more in price though! Feedback please?

Thank you all for the quick response as I have to make a decision by tomorrow!

Thanks again, FUNWITHDAD
Old 09-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Lite Contributor

If the 250 is a decent brand I would go with that if you can swing it, you may end up spending the same in the long run doing mods to the others, but the 150 carbide is a nice buggy with plenty of upgrades for it, knowledgeable sponsors on here that can get parts if needed, little less power than a 250 but still would be a ton of fun, I have a 150 kinroad and love it every one that rides mine is impressed by the performance of such a little engine
Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Supporting Vendor

What brand is the 250cc? The crossfire and Quantum are both good buggies. I do like the crossfire better though for its suspension and the engine can take the stroker crank thats available whereas the Quantum uses a different crand and the stroker will not fit it. The downside to the Crossfire is no reverse, however a reverse unit kit is available for it. Of the 150's if in good condition I would opt for the Crossfire. The 250 depends on the make.

TOM