BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Heavy Contributor

Default Which would you keep?? Yerfdog Spiderbox or Crossfire 150

He hey guys, I have two Buggies, I've owned my Spiderbox for about 2 months now and love it, I've somewhat upgraded the front end (BDX spindles, 19" wheels, new shocks all around) all there is to do now really is get some BDX ball joints, work on getting the steering geometry correct (outside wheel has more angle than the inside one during turns in either direction), do a couple mods to the engine, and get better wheels for the back.

I expect to probably dump about $250.00 more to get it all done. (paid $300.00 for it with broken spindle).

A couple weeks ago I just got a Tomberlin Crossfire 150, Yellow version with no reverse, It's stock with no mods, runs good, only 3 of the tires hold air right now, they all have a little dry-rot. It also needs a new passenger seat, seat belts, kill switch, and paint job. I got a good deal on it, trading for a lesser go kart (manco intruder).

I love driving the Spiderbox, but the steering can be improved a little (it's a lot better with the bigger ATV wheels on it now).

The Crossfire has much better stock steering but the seat is not adjustable and I'm a tad cramped in it.

I would love to keep both of them, money is not the problem. But a friend of mine has a Manco intruder 2 that he paid full price for about 2 years ago (I think around 1800+). It can't keep up with either of the buggies I have and he wants to sell the Manco and buy the Crossfire or the Spiderbox off of me.

Which one is the better Buggy to keep in this situation?

Last edited by T3beatz; 12-04-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Contributor

i would go with the spider box. it has mods already and you are gonna want that room. i need to put bucket seat like in your spider box because i need just a little more room. after riding for only 20 min my legs start to hurt and my foot goes numb a little.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Heavy Contributor

yeah, I went with the spiderbox... I've got a little money in it, I like the space and as of now with the new wheels the turning is pretty good. I still have to work on the steering geometry, I still get to much angle on the outside wheels when turning, but when I'm off road it doesn't hurt things to much.

next for the spiderbox is a couple engine mods! My little bro just bought a stock spiderbox (what we thought was stock). I hopped in to ride it and in the grass i spun the back wheels... mine has never done that, both have stock back tires. also his was able to idle higher than mine before creeping, so I figure the guy who owned it before put the 1500rpm spring in and probably changed out the rollers to some lower weight ones. That's my next project, along with the Uni air filter and re-jetting the carb.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
yeah, I went with the spiderbox... I've got a little money in it, I like the space and as of now with the new wheels the turning is pretty good. I still have to work on the steering geometry, I still get to much angle on the outside wheels when turning, but when I'm off road it doesn't hurt things to much.

next for the spiderbox is a couple engine mods! My little bro just bought a stock spiderbox (what we thought was stock). I hopped in to ride it and in the grass i spun the back wheels... mine has never done that, both have stock back tires. also his was able to idle higher than mine before creeping, so I figure the guy who owned it before put the 1500rpm spring in and probably changed out the rollers to some lower weight ones. That's my next project, along with the Uni air filter and re-jetting the carb.
Nah, just wait til he's asleep and swap engines with him ...
Old 12-07-2011, 09:27 PM
Heavy Contributor

I know, that's what I should do! lol he'll know when he gets in and stomps on the gas and it doesn't pick up as fast.

the motor that he has had a Reverse gearbox on it but the gear was a 19T, and it is on the outside instead of the inside so the sprockets wont line up. It was one of these... http://www.motopartscenter.com/rever...e&file_id=603c it still works but is off to the side.

The engine still has the long shaft on it, but the owner put a spacer from the bolt to the sprocket. The last owner said he bought the new engine because the old one started smoking, he said it still runs but it smokes, we have it too (he threw it in the deal). I'm thinking some gaskets need to be changed maybe.

were probably gonna try and sell it to get the right one.

Last edited by T3beatz; 12-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.