BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 PM
Contributor

Default New Guy

Hello from Cincinnati, Ohio. I am new to mini buggies. I picked up a 2012 trailmaster 150xrs over the winter and I am very interested in learning all I can about it. I happened to be in the right place at the right time, as a very good friend of mine purchased this buggy new and ended up having to move unexpectedly. I stored the buggy over the winter for him. Much to my suprise, he called me in the spring and told me he wanted my children and I to have it. I have had motocross bikes 30years of my life and consider myself well versed in all aspects of them (engines, transmissions, carburetors, and suspension). The thing I am very interested in are the cvt systems on these buggies. I don't know anything about this system and from the small amount I have researched, it looks like alot of performance can be had from proper tuning in this area. I have checked out a couple other buggy forums, and this looks like the one to be a part of. I look forward to talking with you all.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:19 PM
Power User

welcome aboard. great way to get into the sport! cvts are pretty easy to work with and the die-hard 150 guys on here will help you get dialed in to your riding type pretty quickly.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:47 AM
Contributor

Welcome aboard fellow Buckeye! We will be glad to help.

Hammerhead 250GTS
White Torque and Clutch Springs, 18g Rollers, R2C Filter, Ported Polished and Shaved Head, Hammerhead Exhaust
Old 08-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Welcome. Great gift
Old 08-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Contributor

Thanks for the welcome guys.
Old 08-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome aboard; check out my signature below hope it helps.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Contributor

Hey, thanks eddie. I have a uni and redneck intake along with a couple mainjets and spark plugs waiting for me at home. I am on vacation in myrtle beach at the moment, but when I get home I plan on putting it on and getting the carb set up. I don't expect a signifigant change. I got it for the cool factor and the fact that I am more familiar with the care and maintenance of foam filters. And I know uni makes a quality filter. I am trying to be patient and learn from other people on what to buy and what not to buy. I am trying to figure out exactly what I want from this buggy (without expecting more than reasonable of the 150) and buying exactly what parts it will take to get it there. I have been looking around here and I can see I am in the right place.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:14 AM

Default Right down the road!

Welcome to the site "stangerman" I'm just up 75 from you in Middletown. Be sure you give some attention to that exhaust when you put all that intake hardware on there, I'm sure you will want to open it up some! I don't know if you've had it to any of the area's around you yet to give it a test ride, but trust me you have PLENTY of places to go right around you! Just a suggestion but you're gonna want to concentrate on tight, rutted, short steep hills, and not so much on wide open grounds around here, but if you're in Cincy I'm sure you already know that!!! lol
Old 08-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Contributor

Hello bear. While looking around I saw that you were in my area. I am from milford, so actually alot closer than cincinnati. I have taken the buggy to dirty turtle once. That was the only road trip it has been on. It was still my friends at the time and that was the weekend he asked me to store it for him. He told my kids to take it out and get it dirty for him. I didn't get a chance to ride it that day. I spent most of the day on a yz250. I plan on taking it out to haspin soon. I also noticed in another post of yours you mentioned a place called big maple farm. I have not been there before, but am anxious to check it out. And yes I am very familiar with the terrain around these parts. My older daughter said the buggy needed some help in the hill climbing department. I am looking around at some other peoples mods and trying to get my own plan together, along with a budget. You can bet I will ask before I buy, to make sure I am going in the right direction. Once again, thanks for the welcome.

Last edited by 351mustanger; 08-06-2013 at 03:54 AM.