BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Lurker

Default Hammerhead 250ss with bigger tires

A few days ago I ordered a couple of GBC Dirt Devil 23x10x10 tires to put on my HH 250ss. These tires are replacing 22x10x10 stock tires. The Dirt Devils are actually 23.5 inches in diameter. I am wondering if this will over stress the CVT and start blowing belts without changing anything else such as rollers. Any experience or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Last edited by Polobbie; 02-20-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:49 AM
Power User

i don't think a 1.5 change will hurt, but if you find it's "struggles" noticeably on take off then a set of lighter rollers and a different clutch spring might be in order. Most owners indicate 25 inchers are about the max for the 250s. once it's rolling, it really doesn't make a difference except you'll have a bit more mph on the top end.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:30 AM

And welcome to this forum, glad to have you here!
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 AM
Lurker

How involved is replacing the rollers and jet? I am very mechanically inclined with every tool imaginable, but I don't want to get into something I'll end up struggling with for a day or screw up. If its a simple process of opening the CVT cover, removing a bolt or two to replace the rollers I'll do it. What about replacing the jet? is it simply screwing out the stock jet and screwing in the new one without fine adjustments? Basically, I Just want to get in, get out, and be done without having to tinker with it.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM
Power User

rollers/clutch spring are fairly easy. biggest thing i emphasize is to find or make a spanner wrench for the variator fan and clutch bell and use a breaker bar in conjunction with it to loosen the retaining nuts. everyone else loves running impact guns on these. sure it's easy and no other tools needed, but after enough of that action, one day they'll regret it when they have to replace a crank because the end threads are shot.

you shouldn't need a rejet for a roller, spring or tire change unless other mods have been done and the plug color is off.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 PM

Plenty of videos on youtube & at kidnme.com to help you out!