Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
Fuel Tank Installation in Trailmaster Blazer - BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 04-18-2020, 09:46 AM
Lurker

Default Fuel Tank Installation in Trailmaster Blazer

I am finishing up the assembly of a Trailmaster Blazer 4 seater with a GY6 engine with the fuel tank installation. The fuel tank has one tube under it and one plug for an incoming wire connection. On top there is a hose barb "nozzle" that looks like it accepts the same size fuel tube.

On the cross bar that is behind the rear seats, there is a black box with label Depurate DPT45CC that has one tube that look like a fuel tube exiting and going into the engine, then another tube the same size as a fuel tube that is just hanging free with a tube clamp.

I hooked up the wire that has the same plug as the connection under the tank and hooked the exiting fuel tube on the tank to the connection on the carb.

I am assuming that the tube from the black box goes to the hose barb connection on the top of the tank? Is that a vacuum line?

Old 04-18-2020, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Normally the outlet at the top is a vent. It's easy enough to confirm this- open the gas cap, look over to the top fitting and see where it goes. If the line on top has a filter or strainer on it inside the tank then it would be a fuel line not a vent. As a vent it looks like you have it hooked up correctly in the catch box. I'm not familiar with your model so I could be wrong about the black box's function.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:13 AM
Lurker

Thank you for the feeback. I talked to the tech support and he said the box was an evap box. I found the EFI schematic in the manual and it looks like the from the fuel pump the hose goes to the fuel injector. The vent hose looks to go to the evap box, then to the throttle body. It started up and sounds good, so I'm going with it

Thanks again for the help
Old 04-21-2020, 09:01 PM
Contributor

Could you take some pics of EFI setup? I've been wanting to see it for the last few months since I read TM went to EFI.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD
Old 04-23-2020, 11:20 AM
Lurker

Here is some pics of the injector and throttle body. The manual has a nice diagram of the MCU and its wiring that I'll get a picture of to share as well as the actual MCU

Old 04-24-2020, 01:43 AM
Contributor

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharding View Post
Here is some pics of the injector and throttle body. The manual has a nice diagram of the MCU and its wiring that I'll get a picture of to share as well as the actual MCU

Thankl you!
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD
Old 04-28-2020, 03:03 PM
Lurker

Here is the schematic from the manual

Old 05-13-2020, 07:18 PM
Lurker

And, how well does the new EFI buggy work? Is it strong accelerating? The carb version just gathers speed on acceleration. You are one of the first with the new EFI and many of us want to know how well it works.