BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Go Kart General Discussion

Go Kart General Discussion Forum for general go kart discussion.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:09 PM
Lite Contributor

Default waterproofing a go kart

So, I don't plan to cross the mississippi river. I am just curious of what I should "seal" and make waterproof without loss of air on Helix 150cc? I have been doing my due dilligance and found thus far. "Kits" for in/out for CVT. Using PVC pipe works well. Is there other "sensitive" areas that should use attention? I have my cold air intake as well as my battery well above "sea level". Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:43 PM
Contributor

A gy6 will never be water proof like a 4 wheeler. The biggest problem is the cooling fan on the side sucking air in will also suck water in and flood the open charging system behind it. Best you can do is to try to make it splash proof and avoid any water more than motor deep.

I did replace all the electrical connectors on mine when I rewired it with water proof ones.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...tors.TRS0.TSS0

Be warned they require a special (about $20) crimper to terminate them correctly.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MUYI-SN-48B...sid=m570.l1313

I also swap them on my 4 wheelers because they are better than what most come with and last longer. I do ride along on mud rides with the buggy time to time but it's limited to splashing along dodging deep holes while they are playing submarine.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:46 PM
Lite Contributor

Dang neo. Thanks again. Ur on top. I am just going thru all my post. Reading such info given and see ur name. This is my first "buggy" and starting from scratch to learn. Thank you again.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:03 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLDSTEEL View Post
Dang neo. Thanks again. Ur on top. I am just going thru all my post. Reading such info given and see ur name. This is my first "buggy" and starting from scratch to learn. Thank you again.

Not really on top, disabled so I have tons of time to sit around playing on the computer.
Old 07-22-2018, 06:07 PM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo71665 View Post
Not really on top, disabled so I have tons of time to sit around playing on the computer.
"On top" to answering intellectually.