BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 02-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Power User

Default Buggy ID?

Came across this today ...
http://southjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/2847684381.html

I was wondering if it's basically the same as this ....
http://gokartsusa.com/bmspowerbuggy250.aspx
Old 02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Contributor

I think because he used BAJA its more like this one.
http://bajamotorsports.net/categorie..._baja-reaction
Old 02-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Power User

Anyone think the "dn" in the CL ad is a typo and it's a "cn"? I'm waiting on a reply to a text i sent him. If this is in nice shape, think $750 is a fair price?

I think you're right, i just spotted a logo on the gokartsusa page and it looks like BMS stands for Border Motor Sports. The Baja motorsports line is carried by Pep Boys around here. Tractor Supply has a lone kandi-style HH knockoff with some oddball name on it. over $2,000. Been sitting outside for months getting rusty ...bet the carb needs cleaned. lol

Spiderboxes around me go for 650-800 pretty thrashed and 1,000-up for nice ones. Roketas and joyners are just about non-existent (1 Rok on CL near me)--can't afford them anyway. A few hammerheads/crossfires pop up, but i don't like their front strut suspension. Also in the 650-1200 range decent shape used. People want 500-1200 for 3203s around here unless they're completely thrashed out, then they still want 300-600 for them.

I'm shopping in case the wife wants one. when the yerf is finished and she runs it a few times she'll let me know. I want hers to be a 2-seat with reverse, electric start, displacement doesn't matter. If i single-seat my yerf, it makes life so much easier.

I could grab the Sunl frame --i have its engine --for $230 but it's a single seater and is going to need soup to nuts work and likely a pile of parts. Don't even know for sure if the engine is a runner or a smoker.

Last edited by x-bird; 02-20-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Contributor

the ad clled it a dn 250 baja
Here is the owners maual for it !
http://bajamotorsports.net/system/do...refix_L6K_.pdf
Old 02-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Contributor

From what i have read it is almost the twin to my corssfire 150s but with a 250 motor in it and reverse , I would get it for muself to turn into a singel seat ride for just me ! if it ran and did not need to much work . mine handle great and are real tight in the corners . I just want more power. 150cc to 250cc would do the trick i think lol. Sounds like a good deal but im not you and im not close to the buggy.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Contributor

Hey I just had an offer for one trade on my yamaha bigbear that I have on c/l here in tulsa looking online for info it's a 2009 250cc baja dn buggy by the pics it looks bad a-- but he snaped the drive shaft on it so if you've had get any run time on it let me know cause I'm thinking about it just got to see about being able to get parts
Old 02-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

FYI- Baja Motorsports has the WORST customer service on the earth!!!Always waiting on a container from China and don't have anything in stock nor do any of their local service shops, unless something has changed in the last 3 yrs. I'd never buy one if I was wanting replacement parts. The GOOD- their product is HEAVY DUTY and built to last in comparison to most buggies in it's class
Old 02-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Power User

good point to consider, i asked in pep boys about how the brake mounted to the baja 90cc atv swingarm I used on the mini shark and got a blank stare--they didn't even have brake pads in stock. Not going to rule it out, can't afford irt right now, but if it's around when the time comes i may jump on it. Aside from engine/trans, lack of chassis/susp. parts on these buggies doesn't bother me-- there's always a way to fix something.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Heavy Contributor

The Baja DN250 should be closer to Kinroad Sahara. It does not use an a-arm front like the Crossfire - It is a strut suspension.