BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 03-11-2013, 03:31 PM
Contributor

Default Finally got a go cart

I finally got a yerf dog 3203 and I was wondering if this any mods I should do to it. Like bigger tires and what sizes. And that kind I stuff.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:55 PM

Default Lots

There are plenty of threads on here about the yerfs, all you gotta do is look! One of the main things I see is that they will need the frontends beefed up alot! Just give it a minute I'm sure you'll get alot of help and info on all you're gonna need to do! Congrats on the purchase!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 PM

congrats on the cart and happy buggying lol a word of warning though you are in our grasp now buggy fever lol
Old 03-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Heavy Contributor

Uni filter. Exhause.variator weights the lighter the more torque for climing heavier for top end. Yellow or red clutch springs... you can start there.. uni= jetting...Eddie.
Old 03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Power User

if it's a 3203 he's got the tec engine/30 series comet setup. if you want it to live, keep it on fairly smooth trails. fun little thing, really lightweight, which means it's pretty quick. but it can't handle the rough stuff for too long.

you'll want to put thicker/stronger tie rods on it no matter what, maybe address the swingarm mounts to cut down the rattles and slop back there, check all over for cracks (frame and swingarm) and tighten up the cage bolts really well. a pair of decent hydraulic shocks at both ends helps a lot.

tire size upgrades require that you transition into the modification zone. you may want to look at the first page or two of my yerf upgrade thread --shows a lot of the spots where these crack etc -- and also search user names "Jetasen74" and "speedshopmike" ... both did quite a bit with their 3203s.

Most common response is ... junk the Tec and put on a HF clone engine. I still have the tec in my daughter's buggy running quite nicely ...

Last edited by x-bird; 03-11-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:04 AM
Contributor

Thanks xbird! The yerf is at my dads friends house that way he can go through it all. Does any body know if it can climb stuff pretty easy?
Old 03-12-2013, 09:37 AM
Power User

for as light as they are, and with the 41 T rear sprocket, they do pretty well. I'd say better than a stock gy6 buggy because the engine has more low rpm grunt. you can drop down a tooth or two on the engine sprocket and improve that, with some top speed loss. Making that change may require lengthening the slots on the engine/jackshaft mount. watch the belt and chain alignment on the comet setup, pretty crucial to keep it dialed in.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Contributor

Ok thanks will do already made a spot for it in the garage can't wait
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Contributor

I just brought it back yesterday. During the week i also got a little 125 jetmoto quad and a doodlbug. There all fast And fun
Old 03-17-2013, 08:38 AM

Cool, theres nothing better than a garage full of "toys" to mess with!!!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Contributor

Ya for sure!! I just go and sit on them when ever I'm home. My brother doesn't want me going fast because he's not used to me driving him he's only used to my dad driving so he will let me dad drive him fast wich kinda sucks
Old 03-17-2013, 10:12 PM

Thats the only way to make it throught the really nasty winter days sometimes, just sit in the garage and make vaarrrooom sounds!!!