BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 09-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Tires for yerf3206

hi everyone ,

i have rear tireS that are the size 20 x 10.00 -8 rear.they are super turf but i want to get knobby tires. also the front are 15 x 6.00 -6 front,which i would also like to get knobby tires.. prob i am having is i am not finding that size with the tire being knobby. the sizes i see are always a number off .my buggy still has the original tires on it but maybe someone can give me some help on this one.. i know the tires read 20" inch for height 10" for width and 8" inch is size of rim.. seems most i find are 22 x 11 -8... and will 11 be to wide and hit frame.
please let me know.. also are they easy to exchange on the rim or do i need a special tool or will some screws drivers work...
let me know thanks....
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Contributor

Hey CobraHma;

I bought a set of 22x10-8 Kenda Scorpion's from Rockymountainatv.com for a fair price. The would just be a little taller than your stock tires. I also got a set of stock 22x11-8 Kenda Dominators from BMI on clearance and they mounted to the stock axle without any problems. I don't think BMI still has them on clearance though. For the fronts I installed new hubs and went with larger tires & rims. Good luck with your search.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Lite Contributor

So the 22 x 11 - 8 will fit on same rim as the one i have the 20 x 10 -6 doesn't the rim have to be 11 wide also or no.. Or its just the tire itself on the outer part that is bigger and the inner rind of tire is still 10?
Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Heavy Contributor

As a rule of thumb , you can use an aftermarket tire up to two inches wider in tread width that the wheel width. IE: a 22x10-8 tire will work on a 8x8 wheel.
Here's a handy little chart that helps me get it sorted out.
http://www.mud-throwers.com/atv_wheel_chart
Old 10-31-2012, 02:05 PM
Lite Contributor

would this tire Oregon 70-362 Tire Size 15X500-6 With 2-Ply fit on same rim as my 15 x 6.00 x 6 yerf dog? not sure if that would work
size seems a little different
Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Lite Contributor

i'd like to get bigger tires for front but i am not sure at all what side hub to buy for the front that would fit on the existing axle...
Old 11-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Lite Contributor

http://www.*************/item/Front-W...ngs-PM-39-7246

would this hub here just adapt to the original yerf spindle.. pleas elet me know
this way i might be able to add a little bit bigger tire in front with knobby threads.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Lite Contributor

seems no one has a knobby 15 x 6.00 -6 knobby tire if i couold find one i would just add that
Old 11-01-2012, 12:52 PM
Lite Contributor

HEY SOAPKART, WHAT HUB DID U GET AND TIRE SIZE FOR THE FRONT
(For the fronts I installed new hubs and went with larger tires & rims. Good luck with your search. )
Old 11-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Lite Contributor

hey guys .. i need help with this one .. not sure if this is even possible to do..here is the situation...i have stock wheels on my yerf 3206 which i am asuming the wheel hubs are also stock. i was given 2 free rims with tires on them which the tires are 22 x 10-10, the center hole on the rim is about 4 3/8's and from bolt to bolt crossing over center hole in rim its about 5 3/8's..... is there any way to add a hub that coverts from the orignal yerf hub size to that bigger sized rim.. been on bmi cart website . but i can't figure out if what they have is what i can use for this conversion...
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 AM
Power User

measure it in millimeters. they're probably 136mm. the yerfs are 110 mm iirc. Then look on e-bay etc for an adapter using the search term "hub adapter 110mm to XXXmm" (New rims bolt pattern).
Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Lite Contributor

hey X-bird,thank you for your help, what part do i measure. i looked on ebay .. just for ****s and giggles for hub adapter 110mm to 136 and i can find tons of adapter but they just look wrong what should it look like...none of them show 110mm to 136..i just don't want to buy the wrong ones..seems this is a tough size to convert... if anyone knows a place online that makes customer hub conversion,please let me know...

Last edited by COBRAHMA; 11-09-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:13 AM
Power User

you need measure bolt center to bolt center on the diagonal at the middle of the bolt holes on the "new" rims.
This site has a variety of adapters, but you have to make sure you've got the measurement correct. The thickness of the adapter will widen the front wheel track width and provide more clearance between the tire and frame. The Spiderbox guys here will know just how wide and tall of a tire you can go up with up front. I'm not sure on those particular numbers. Search the forums here using "spiderbox front tire clearance" or similar terms and you should find hte info.

http://www.ezaccessory.com/4_Lug_Ada...show=10&page=2