BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 04-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Lurker

Default 250 engine side case broke

I picked up a buggy with a 250 water cooled variable belt drive. The main
case was broke between the engine and the drive end.I replaced the engine
side case and belt cover.went out over the weekend to let the kids try
it out,not even one tank of fuel and the case is cracked.Is this a common
problem.I think there must be some bracing that I didnt have.Is there a manual that covers the parts added to the scooter motor.
any info would be appriciated.
Thanks; Holliday
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome Holiday. Click on the banner at the top of the page for Syc Powersports. It will take you to the webpage. Click the contact tab and give Tom a call. He can help with whatever you need.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Heavy Contributor

There are also others on here that will likely chime in with more questions for you. Did it crack in the same place??

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Heavy Contributor

I had a baja reaction 250 it cracked same place on mine its all one solid piece. The whole motor and all needed to be replaced I only got to ride it for one month ... bummernow I got me a 150 baja reaction my mechanic told me it can't be fixed a new motor would be around $1750.. got my 150 on cl. For $350 haven't had any problems with the motor yet its been one year now. Don't know why the 250 cracked it just did.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:12 PM
Lite Contributor

First of all what make is the buggy? Did you have the engine secured properly to the frame? Are you certain you purchased the correct case for the motor? Side case? Left (longer) center or right? Is the buggy leaking oil? Did you hear any unusual noises while it was idling or when it was driven? I don't believe this is a common problem. Is it a water cooled engine and did you put fresh antifreeze in it? I had this problem only once with a 150CC. I purchased a complete 180CC engine kit. Never had the problem again. Have a CN250 in my other buggy. Never cracked the case.