BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 04-23-2013, 06:41 PM
Lurker

Default Idles fine, touch gas buggy dies

Pretty sure the buggy is a GK-06 250cc. Its been sitting awhile, took off the carb and cleaned it good and buggy starts fine and idles smooth but soon as I touch the gas it dies. It starts back every time and every time same thing happens
Old 04-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Heavy Contributor

Check for intake and exhause leaks. If nothing you'll probably need to adjust your valves.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Heavy Contributor

Yes. Check for leaks. Also check air fuel mixture. If that doesn't help then try adjusting the valves.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Lite Contributor

Had the same exact problem with a brand new engine. Idled perfectly but as soon as I attempted to rev the engine it would die. Disassembled the carb, cleaned it out with carb cleaner and blew it out with compressed air. No change. Went to my parts box and pulled out a new carb. Installed it and the engine ran fine. Try what the other guys said first. Then, if all fails, replace the carb. Make sure you have fresh fuel in the tank and that the fuel petcock (if so equipped) is turned on. Check or replace the fuel filter and fuel pump (if so equipped). You said it had been sitting for a long time. Did you put any fuel stabilizer in the tank before you let it sit? If not you'll have to drain the tank and maybe replace the fuel lines too.

Last edited by sargentargent; 04-25-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Lurker

Got it sounding good now. Tore the carb down again and soaked the jets in carb cleaner over nite, the buggy has been sitting for 3 years and I'm sure I'll find more things that need fixed. The chain is in bad shape from rust so thats next and the break pedal doesnt be moving but do seem to be working somewhat.
THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO
Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 PM
Lite Contributor

Good work!