BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 05-27-2013, 05:02 PM
Lurker

Default Buggy dies when in FWD

Hi everyone. I've searched the forum threads for an answer but cant seem to find one. I have a Kinroad with a CN250. Ran fine last year but this year I had to replace the air intake with a Uni Filter and also I rejetted. It idles fine and goes in reverse fine, but when the engine is up to temperature and I put it in FWD it gets really jerky and when I touch the gas it dies most of the time. When it doesnt die and actually goes FWD, when I let off the gas it then dies. It doesnt sound like it is running smoothly in FWD either. I thought maybe after rejetting I would need to adjust the air/fuel mixture but I cant find an air adjustment screw (or a fuel adjustment screw for that matter). Does anyone know what the problem might be or what I need to do??

Thanks!
Old 05-27-2013, 07:46 PM
Heavy Contributor

Your air/fuel screw may be covered up with a plug from factory. You'll have to chizel it out with a flat head screwdriver carefully to get to the screw...
Old 05-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Heavy Contributor

For your other problem it may need valve adjustment. And I believe ur 250 can be adjusted from outside without taking off valve cover...Eddie.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Lurker

Thanks Eddie. Can you tell me what the plug looks like or where it is? Also how do I adjust the valves? I'm mechanically inclined so I can do the work but I just don't know what I'm looking for. Thanks!
Old 05-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Lurker

I just saw a video online that showed how to adjust the valves and I found them on my engine. Not for sure exactly what I am adjusting them to. The video showed starting the buggy, loosening the bolts on the two adjustment sliders, and allowing them to slide loose. Then move them back into position until you no longer hear a pinging sound. Does that seem like the right way to adjust them?
Old 05-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Heavy Contributor

Not sure on ur model if you have two screws or one. But it will be on left side of carb. (Driverside). You can go to (buggypartsnw.com) and click on info center for valve adjustment. Or go to youtube. Or google it (how to adjust valves on a cn250cc buggy).
Old 05-28-2013, 02:23 AM
Heavy Contributor

We posted at the same time. Yes that sounds about right.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:03 PM
Lite Contributor

There are 2 ways to adjust the valves on a CN250. One method is the one you used. The other is with the engine not running. Loosen the two 8mm bolts and move them away from one another and then toward one another until you feel a little resistance then go back 1 notch. Seems strange to me that your buggy runs fine in reverse but not forward. Try adjusting the cable. You may find it will work just fine after that.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Lite Contributor

The mixture screw (assuming you have a stock carb) is on the bottom of the carb and requires a special tool to adjust while the engine is running.