BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 03-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Lite Contributor

Default HH 250SS Exhaust

So the flex pipe between the connection at the manifold and the muffler broke. Looked everywhere on line for 1 1/2" flexible exhaust pipe to try a repair. Anybody had this happen, and if so how did you fix?
Old 04-02-2013, 05:31 PM
Lite Contributor

Check your local auto parts store. Don't know for sure if they have it but it's worth a try. You may be able to find other pipes and 45's and 90's that may allow you to fab something up.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Lurker

Im not sure your looking but i bought the pipe to fit as per stock for my dn 250 online. it was 70 dollars, but bolted right in place. Im new here so i dont know if im allowed to put websites on here, but let me know if you are still looking.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 PM
Power User

I used an HH SS muffler on mine--hacked off the flexpipe and had a bit of a battle cleaning all the braiding out of the inside flange. Also "revised" the hardware/engineering holding it together by drilling out the bolt bosses on the inside of the rear plate and ran threaded rod through the whole thing. used some tubing chunks from a trailboss fame and made my own pipe to it from the collector back.