BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 04-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Lurker

Default need help asap

My 250 roketa buggy will start but once i take my foot of the pedal it wont idle and it stalls out I don't know what's wrong but can someone help me asap, thanks
Old 04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Heavy Contributor

What work did you do for this to accur? Make sure ur filters clean, no air leaks around carb. Area, your carb is receiving fuel, all electrical connections are snugg, and harnesses.if all check out you may need to adjust your valves (.004).maybe need to clean your carb./ all jets, If I missed something someone chime in.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Lurker

We did not do any work, we bough the other day and drove it all around there and worked fine. When we got home itbwould run but if you don't give it gas it will not idle. Its running very weird. We took the carb apart last night and cleaned it, we bought new hoses to make sure no leak . We cleaned the air filter to. It seems like it is not receiving full gas or there is something wrong with the vaccum. Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 03:31 PM
Heavy Contributor

Unscrew your gas cap loose and test drive it see what happens then.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:33 PM
Heavy Contributor

If that don't work check ur choke make sure its working.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Heavy Contributor

When I mentioned check for leaks around the carb I ment. The intake area and between carb and manifold. Not your gas lines but that's ok.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Heavy Contributor

Spray carb cleaner around carb area while motor is running and listen for idle change if ur idle changes you have a leak do not spray inside the filter. If there's no change in your idle then you have no air leaks.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Heavy Contributor

If you cleaned out the carb and all is tight you may just need to adjust idle screw or even the air fuel mix screw. Adjust the idle to where it will stay running and then adjust your air fuel mix screw until the idle is the highest. If the idle drops while turning the screw then turn it the other way. Quarter to half turns at a time until idle starts going back down again then go back quarter turns until highest idle. Give a few seconds between adjustments to let new setting settle in. Then lower idle speed screw to desired idle. Find the lowest idle speed where goosing the throttle responds without hesitation. It this doesnt fix the problem then adjust the valves and repeat the process.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Lurker

Ok thank you I'll letu know what happens
Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 PM
Lurker

Ok slestake I have messed with idle and with idle all the way up it will Idle really rough for a short time then stalls out
Old 04-21-2013, 05:40 AM
Heavy Contributor

Sounds like valve settings and hope nothing worse. If you can ge a compression tester and check the compression too that would be great. I believe the comp test fitting is 10mm.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Lite Contributor

I agree with SLESTAK75. Could be a valve adjustment or possibly a stuck valve. If the buggy came with a warranty then now is the time to use it.