BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 06-12-2013, 05:41 PM
Lurker

Default baja dn 250 small water hose

I recently ended up with whats left of a dn 250. It was a basketcase with a cracked head. The guy i got it from took the head off and just let the timing chain drop down into the engine to find out the head froze and cracked. Well a week later and a new head it runs great. My problem right now is there is a long 1/4 inch hose that runs from the thermostat housing, I dont see where it goes. If anyone knows please help thanks. I have it blocked off for now so i can run her and see what the next hurdle is. Thanks again Jason
Old 06-13-2013, 04:03 AM
Lite Contributor

Have the same hose on my CN250 GK06 Buggy. I too have it blocked off but if I remember correctly it's some kind of burp valve that went, believe it or not, to the carb. After I replaced the stock carb with a 32 mm Keihin flat side carb I had to block it off as you have done. Don't remember where it went on the carb. See if you can find a good manual on line or a few photo's of the dn250. You may be able to see where it's supposed to go.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:28 PM
Lurker

Thanks for the info, thats what i kinda thought, It did not have a carb on it when i got it, I had a carb off a honda big red atc sitting around and it fit and runs great. so i just have it blocked and have had no issues, i have only put about 2 hours on it mainly just sitting in the garage idling, but no overheating.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:53 AM
Lite Contributor

So long as the thermostat isn't stuck, you keep it filled with antifreeze (50/50) and you have a working fan on the radiator you should be okay. I installed an extra, smaller fan, that blows air directly onto the valve cover. I have no problems with overheating either.
You're welcome. Have fun!