BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 01-01-2022, 01:34 PM
Lurker

Default Trailmaster 300XRX going into gear

Hi,

Just got this yesterday, is there anyway to not have this grind going into gear.

I passed on a great deal 2019 300 XRX because I did not believe the guy that's how they went into gear you have to rev it up to catch.

My son has a Kandi 110 cc 3 speed and that thing you put into first its great takes right off.
Mine is hit or miss the 300 and I hit the gas ever so slightly so i don't hear that noise before it goes into first.

Can I do anything to have it shift better? the guy before me was mid 50s and never road it off road so its not bet on. only 120 miles.
Old 01-01-2022, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

I don't own one or ever worked on one- I know the adjustment in the shift cable can make a difference. It's possible that it's not engaging fully & that's why you need to rev it up for engagement. I'd experiment with the adjustment @ the shifter some with it running (wheels off the ground) to see if you can get it to shift properly.Sorry I couldn't help more. It's too new for there to be a serious issue in the tranny.