BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 05-28-2013, 04:49 PM
Lurker

Default Newbie from Eastern Kentucky

Hey, I'm new to the site and new to buggies. We just got my son an 09 Roketa 150cc buggy. It has some minor issues and I was lucky enough to find your forum. I hope to learn a lot here and make some new friends along the way!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Heavy Contributor

Welcome aboard raven..... what issues you having???
Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 PM
Lurker

It's surging when going up an incline. I thought it was the chain so I put a camera on it but I couldn't see it jumping. Here is a link to the video. It starts at the 0.50 mark. It seems to get worse the longer we run it and the warmer it gets. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5i0...ature=youtu.be

Other then that major issue everything else is small and easy fixes. I'm wanting to upgrade the clutch and rollers to give it more pulling power. We live in an area with lots of rolling hills and we need more torque then speed. I'm doing a lot of reading on here learning a lot about the upgrades that can be made. I did motorcycle repair for years. So the mechanics will not be hard for me. Just understanding the CVT setup. Thanks!

Last edited by raven174us; 05-28-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Heavy Contributor

Grab ur buggy by the rack that sits above ur engine and move it side to side. And see if it has any play of 1/8 to1/4"... if it has side to side play you'll need to replace ur axle bearings. That side play can knock ur chain out of alignment with your counter sprocket making it clank sound. Also check ur sprocket teeth and chain adjustment.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Heavy Contributor

Also for pulling power get a heavyduty clutch not a race clutch. With red or yellow springs most of us prefer yellow. Variator go light weights. Too light you'll lose top end. I prefer sliders over rollers they're more durable.get a uni filter get rid of the filter box gut ur pipe and rejet ur carb.check out my signature below for ideas and others on here with 150cc...Eddie.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Lurker

Thanks! I'll check that out. I hope it isn't a hard fix. I don't want to do any mods till I figure it out. And thanks for the info on mods!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Power User

i watched and listened through it 3 or 4 times. the slight surge looks to coincide with very slight dips or bumps, most likely a little bit of fuel slosh as the float level changes with the rear swingarm movement. sounds like you were pretty much maxed out through most of the stretch between .50 and 1.24 when it was occurring? if so you were just likely getting a little extra heavy shot of fuel because of suspension movement.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Lurker

It doesn't do it when my son is riding it. Only when an adult is with him. And he's pretty rough with it. I checked the rear end and there wasn't any play. I'm gonna start a new thread under the 150cc and under forum. Thanks guys!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:22 PM

I think I would check out either the motor mount bushings or the pillar block bearings on the rear axle.