BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:41 PM
Lurker

Default New buggy owner from OH

Just recently bought a Sunl 150 cc buggy for my wife and daughter to play on, it ran when I bought it but it did smoke some and I got to messing with the fuel lines to drain gas and somehow pulled out the petcock on the gas tank so I bought some gas tank repair stuff and Im hoping it will hold if not guess Ill be buying a new tank but as far as it smoking i figure its pretty cheap to rebuild so I didnt think I could go wrong on it! My daughter had a blast on it the first day and Im hoping the repair hold up so that after she gets out of school tomorrow she can ride it again!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Lite Contributor

Welcome aboard and good luck with the buggy ! Have fun with it, thats what they are for
Old 05-16-2013, 12:21 PM

Default The "Buckeye Boys"

Welcome to the forum, I think tou're gonna like it here! You can get alot of good info and advise here. As for the smoking, you probably just need a new set of rings, and clean the head, this is easy and cheap! where you located? I'm in Middletown.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:44 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Welcome to the forum, I think tou're gonna like it here! You can get alot of good info and advise here. As for the smoking, you probably just need a new set of rings, and clean the head, this is easy and cheap! where you located? I'm in Middletown.
Im in Miamisburg just a few minutes north of you
Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
Do you do all your own work? Id like to replace the rings and change the springs and slider to give it more low end torque but Im not a very good mechanic if you or someone you know that doesnt mind working on these let me know and Id be gladly to pay you or them for the time!
Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Welcome to the site. Might I suggest you not let your child ride the kart until you know the fuel problem is repaired. You will never forgive yourself if she gets hurt/burned.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........
Old 05-17-2013, 07:45 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
Welcome to the site. Might I suggest you not let your child ride the kart until you know the fuel problem is repaired. You will never forgive yourself if she gets hurt/burned.
I would never let her ride without for sure knowing it was fixed I know there is alot of bad parents in the world but Im not one of them I dont even let her ride it alone Im always in the passenger seat or her mom one of the two and she is 13 but IM not taking any chances since its her first toy like this I been trying to buy her a 4 wheeler for years and my wife wouldnt let me

Last edited by joditt7605; 05-17-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:03 AM
Lurker

I also have to banshee 4 wheelers with 4 mm stroker kits in them but they are way to fast for my wife and daughter which is why I bought the buggy it makes my wife feel safer that it has a roll cage, my daughter on the other hand wants to be like me and be a dare devil but till she gets more experience Ill make her take it easy! We are planning a trip to powerline park for memorial weekend should be a good time this will be our first trip here and mainly going to watch the big trucks play in the mud but they do have 18 miles of trails to ride on also normally for memorial and labor day weekend my brother and I go to some of the bigger parks like Hatfield and McCoy trails or black mountain in KY we been to Big Rock in Maysville KY a few times we have also been to Bell county KY wilderness off road park which is free riding on the trails but the trails are more like gravel roads in some places and always willing to try anything new we also been to Haspin Acres a time or 2 but its kind of small and with all the guys driving their trucks drunk I dont think its a kid friendly place
Old 05-17-2013, 05:53 PM

Welcome to the forum, you Ohio guys are popping up everywhere, lol. The GY6 is relatively easy to rebuild a top end on, and if you decide to do it yourself, youtube will be your best friend. Grats on the racer/ricer banshees, I always wanted a sport quad like that, maybe one day.....

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 05-17-2013, 09:35 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masteryota View Post
Welcome to the forum, you Ohio guys are popping up everywhere, lol. The GY6 is relatively easy to rebuild a top end on, and if you decide to do it yourself, youtube will be your best friend. Grats on the racer/ricer banshees, I always wanted a sport quad like that, maybe one day.....
You can usually find banshees really cheap $600 to $1000 and if you do your own work it doesnt take much to make them run like a scalded dog lol, my brother has did the work on both of ours I help a little but usually just in his way! As for rebuilding the top end on this buggy Im going to have it done really soon because it acts like it is losing power now from the first few times we rode it, as soon as I figure out which cylinder and piston I need to order Im going to order them and a few other things
Old 05-18-2013, 09:41 AM

At least you are aware of the dangers then. Glad to hear that. Fuel related issues are nothing to play with. I've rolled my kart twice now, and if fuel happened to spill out while upside-down, that could be a VERY bad thing while trying to get out of the kart.
My Yerban assault vehicle: 2.2mm stroker crank, 62mm Nikasil cyl, Taida large vavle head, American made valve springs, ported intake manifold, TM 28mm carb, stock CDI, Bando coil, TK exhaust, stock CVT except for the 14g sliders, 13/40 internal gears, 16T drive, 31T axle sprocket, 22" rear tires, and ONE BIG POTATO CANNON mounted on top..........