BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 AM
Lurker

Default NJ here

We have four Carter SPX go karts, and a 1967 GTO go kart, among several other toys. I joined this forum to ask a member about his Carter KPX kart.

We have three to four acres, and are surrounded by farms. While searching the internet a few years back for something fun I could share with the kids, I stumbled upon a Carter SPX kart. I liked the design so much, I bought and bartered for three more when I saw them become available. I guess they are not considered buggies, but they are a lot of fun. I'll wait till the kids are older to consider the big toys.

I dislike buying things made in China. Mostly because I picture underpaid people forced to work in a warehouse for long hours with no benefits, just so we can make purchases at a tenth of the cost of American made items, thereby forcing competing USA businesses to lay off Americans and ship the factory work to China, where workers are under paid and, well, you get the point. Was that a run on sentence?

I hope everyone has an awesome, and safe new year.

Luke
Old 01-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Heavy Contributor

If it were made here sadly to say a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford these wonder
Full toys.. unfortunately china makes it affordable for many. Welcome aboard.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Heavy Contributor

I mean" fortunately" china makes it affordable.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:13 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamieddie View Post
If it were made here sadly to say a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford these wonder
Full toys.. unfortunately china makes it affordable for many. Welcome aboard.
Yes, we all can afford the cheaper products sold from China. We can even buy everything on credit. For now, we can live like kings. But, if we, as Americans, produce nothing and send all our money out of country, the future will only hold jobless people with debts they can never pay back.

This is only my opinion. We are all entitled to our own opinions. This is not a political forum, so I will speak no more on the subject.

Back to the site subject. Does anyone else have Carter SPX or KPX karts?
Old 01-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Power User

I'm wondering if you ended up with the pair i was watching on CL a year or so ago --a purple and a blue one two different models. Do they have the long, narrow triangular tubing assembly supporting the steering wheel?
Old 01-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Heavy Contributor

x-bird, he has pics up on his album, you should check 'em out.
Heavy Duty Chain Tensioner
Canvas Roof/Netting
Key Start
LED Brake Lights
Headlights

SOLD!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:28 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
I'm wondering if you ended up with the pair i was watching on CL a year or so ago --a purple and a blue one two different models. Do they have the long, narrow triangular tubing assembly supporting the steering wheel?
The SPX is a black kart. It has suspension and electric start. The blue/ purple models do not have suspension or electric start.

Here is a link to the SPX: http://www.ktoutdoor.com/carter_2936.htm

This is the blue/ purple model without the suspension and electric start: http://www.ktoutdoor.com/carter_2336.htm
Old 01-04-2014, 10:52 AM
Lurker

I tried to take pictures of our karts, but it is dark in the car port. There's too much snow to drag them out. I'll post pictures later today if I can. I bought the first one from a family in Yardville, NJ. The second one was almost by accident. I contacted a guy on craigslist who had a go kart for sale but no picture. It was an SPX too. I then bought some cheep quads together. They proved to be unsafe and sometimes unreliable. I sold the little ones, and traded the larger quad for an SPX I saw on eBay. Someone had removed the roll cage and seat belts on it. I purchased a blue model without suspension, and a blown engine, to strip for parts. I used it's seat belts and cage on my SPX. I did not need a fourth SPX, but the price was right. A man was installing a pool or something, and decided his kids did not have the room needed for driving this kart. Incidentally, I had a cap of around $500 when I considered purchasing these toys. The SPX was around $1800 new. When I purchase a used one, it's usually described as "great condition". In reality, they have not been properly maintained, and need lots of incidental repairs. Worn belts, weak springs, bald tires, and out of tune engines can add up quickly.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Lurker

Go Karts in my car port
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gocart1.jpg (92.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg gocart2.jpg (89.7 KB, 4 views)