BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Lite Contributor

Default new toy in west michigan

Found this site after purchasing a carter talon gx125iir. Bought not running but was pleased when I sprayed fuel to carb and it started!!! Woohoo, I thought! But after cleaning carb and sorting out someones mess with vacuum and fuel line routing, I put fuel in tank and it wouldnt run with vacuum to air cut off hooked up! Would start but not idle could only throttle it. Well, I searched these forums and found lots of info but nothing helped! I pulled carb again and float bowl was dry! Bench checked needle then as I put bowl back on I noticed it was pushing float up!! Whomever had it before me installed float upside down!! Well, needless to say, it started and idled!! Woohoo!! Throttle cable is broke at pedal and brakes all need work now but we drove it working throttle from my lap! It ran ok but seems to be a bit gutless going up small incline in yard. Hopefully a bit of tuning will help!? Seems to be weak on torque but I'm hoping its not common for this buggy to struggle on inclines that bad!?? Maybe you all will help point me in the next direction! Thanks for the welcome!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 PM

welcome Schoop any questions you have ask away. I am sure someone will be able to help.