BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Lite Contributor

Default i need a new carb.=(

ok well i took my yerf to a small engines machanic and found out that the carb is screwed.i need a cheap carb.i found one on ebay for 35$ thats with shipping.is it a good deal or should i look else where? heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=170377304097
yerf 3206. carlise pxt tires, kawie mojavie shocks, seat covers 9 gram sliders uni air filter. soon to have for 2009 christmas, 20x10-8 tires new ball joints new rins and dalumin dimond plate fog lights homemade roof and a speedometer.
MY AVATAR PIC IS WHAT IT EILL LOOK LIKE SORTA
Old 01-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Heavy Contributor

I buy these for parts. I can get one of these carbs cheaper and quicker than I can get a rebuild kit from kehin. But be prepared ,it may not be a "plug an play"! A lot of these carbs are set up for scooters, not buggys. Same carb just different jetting. The main and the pilot jets both may be the wrong size. also the float setting can be off too. Swap your jets, and slide diaphram spring from the old carb. Out of curiosity, why did the mechanic say yours was screwed?
Old 01-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Lite Contributor

it needs a rebuild kit, the whole float bowl is rusted threw.
yerf 3206. carlise pxt tires, kawie mojavie shocks, seat covers 9 gram sliders uni air filter. soon to have for 2009 christmas, 20x10-8 tires new ball joints new rins and dalumin dimond plate fog lights homemade roof and a speedometer.
MY AVATAR PIC IS WHAT IT EILL LOOK LIKE SORTA
Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Administrator

That kinda stinks. $35 shipped is not a bad price to me. CKAU is right, most of these carbs are jetted for scooters and will likely have a smaller main jet in it. If yours is usable, just swap them out or get good jets from a supporting vendor.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuggyMaster View Post
That kinda stinks. $35 shipped is not a bad price to me. CKAU is right, most of these carbs are jetted for scooters and will likely have a smaller main jet in it. If yours is usable, just swap them out or get good jets from a supporting vendor.
I got a new carb and CKAU saw mine. The jets were all wrong and the float was off too. My old jets were too dirty to save .So i got new ones from BIGE suggest you do the same.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Lurker

Default yerfdog

hi I've had 4 different yerfdog carts and I found a site in Ohio that supposed to have baught out yerfdog. ************* chak them out.;stan