BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-21-2019, 11:51 AM
Lurker

Default Difficulty installing new belt in 2017 HH GTS 150

I have a 2017 Hammerhead GTS 150 Platinum and am in the process up building the engine with a big bore kit and other upgrades.

I replaced the stock CVT spring with a longer yellow 1500 RPM one. The CVT goes back together just fine but the problem I have with the new yellow spring is that I unable to pull the pullies apart to allow the drive belt to slide down enough so I can install the variator. The pullies separate when it's disassembled and also when I have the stock spring installed.

I'm a reasonably strong fellow but for the life of me I can't get the pullies to budge a mm with the 1500 RPM spring installed.

Every video I've seen on this shows no trouble installing the belt with the yellow pulley.

Other than hiring a muscle-bound goon to squeeze the pullies for me, what am I missing?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Springs.jpg (97.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Variator.jpg (75.5 KB, 6 views)
Old 04-21-2019, 04:18 PM
Lurker

Finally got it on. I just had to get more po'd at it and it decided to cooperate.