BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM
Lurker

Default adding front brakes crossfire 150

I was wondering how the rotors attach to the hubs. My knuckles already have mounting ears for the calipers. I assume I would need a 2 port master cylinder and run some hard lines and some hoses for the front. My main question is are the front hubs different between buggys that did have front brakes and those that did not have front brakes?

The reason I am asking is because the brakes don't really grab hard like I would expect. The caliper is not stuck. It retracts and applies easily. Is this just normal for single rear brake buggies? Is there an available rear pad that might have some more bite to it? Thanks in advance
Old 10-18-2012, 12:25 PM

I know on my daughters gk17-110cc buggy the rear brake comes in soft but then grabs the rotor pretty good.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:35 PM
Power User

haven't seen any "upgrade" pads on the market for these, but that isn't to say they don't exist. May want to search for EBC pads as most of the ones used in the buggies are the same. Take a look at the rotor and pad and make sure they're not glazed or the pad hasn't been contaminated with oil/grease. as far as fronts go, it depends on your rim size as to whether or not you can get a caliper in there. I know 8 inch rims make it next to impossible. maybe someone switched hubs at some point. the hubs usually have anywhere from 4 to 8 threaded lugs for bolting the rotor on. if that's they're been switched, you may be able to find used atv hubs with the same axle diameter and use those --then you have to match the caliper mount to the mounts on your spindles. after that it's a dual master, which are also plentiful used.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Lite Contributor

My buggy has 8" front runs and its got caliper breaks on front. They fit just fine.