BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Lurker

Default Steering/Suspension problems!!

Whats up everyone. New to the forum. I've got a yerf dog 3202. Pretty much stock. I have the "Roll cage" off and keepin that way, for now. And I replaced the 6hp tecumseh with a 6.5 clone. I'm plannin on puttin on hubs and bigger rims and tires in the front, and possibly bigger/better shocks.
The problem I'm having is when me and my buddy get in it the suspension is maxed out, the Tires are leaing in inwards towards the cart, like this / \, and the shocks almost maxed out and the spindles look pretty strained. I was thinking of welding another shock mount just above the stock one so that when no one is in the a arms are arched more and the cart the tires are like this \ / then when someone gets in the tire/a arm alignment would go to where it should be, between this \ / and this ||. Any other ideas or am I about right on this? I know I'll have to adjust my steering and tie rods and stuff after the front tire and suspension mod so i'll be needing some help with that too dont know alot about this stuff so the helps appreciated thanks