BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 07-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Lurker

Default Need help with master cylinder

Need help
Recently purchased new enginetics master cylinder, model # ENG600
I purchased this unit because it has two outlets for the brake line. I have a single disk on the rear axle, and dual disks on the front. When I hook up the brake lines to the outlet on the top of the master cylinder, and plug the bottom outlet, I can get either one of the brakes to bleed properly, but when I hook up a line to the bottom outlet, I can’t get either line to bleed. It doesn’t matter what line I hook up to the bottom. What am I missing, or doing wrong? Is it possible that the manufacture never intended for the bottom outlet to be used as a hydraulic line? I have installed a “compression tee” in one line to feed the other line. This works fine, but not what I wanted to accomplish. Thanks for any help. Cyclebender
Old 07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Heavy Contributor

Are you sure that other port is not for a brake light switch?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:39 PM
Lurker

Default Master cyclinder

Possible, but not lickly. The two ports are so close togather, thers no room to thread in a stop light switch. Thanks for your input, much appreaciated. Cyclebender
Old 07-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Heavy Contributor

To bleed these brakes you need a vacuum operated bleeder and start on the longest line and work to shortest one. What are you using?