BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 07-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Contributor

Default HH250 Gear Box

I had the miss fortune of destroying a gear box. I was stuck in a creek, end of story. Anyway has anyone replaced there stock gearbox with something else and what was it?
Thanks
Old 07-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Contributor

Update, not that anyone here cares, but it turns out the clutch is fried. Ordering a new one tomorrow. Apparently if you are climbing some hills and it is hotter then hell and you drive through a deep creek, **** breaks. Oh well it is only money.

So for those looking at this from a google search. Tom at sycpowersports.com was extremely helpful contact him and he will help you out.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

WE CARE-Do you think the extreme heat and the water coming together caused the failure? or was it just from thrashing it trying to get unstuck?
Old 07-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Contributor

I was having a bad moment, ya know when stupidity burns money, sorry.

All the above, I had been driving up a steep road for about 10 miles when I when through the creek. The creek was about 12-14 inches deep and it filled the belt/clutch area with water. It turned the whole clutch a blue from the heat and ate the pads. When I had disassembled it I thought that was the way it was suppose to be because it actually looked kind of neet. As of now I am ordering Dr. Pulley clutch, variator, springs, belt and rollers to repace the whole thing. Also I have now learned about the various upgrades and am exploring them.

Is there a prefered setup for roads and trails? When we have gone it is not uncommon for us to go 50+ miles at a time, so what would be the best setup for this?