BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Lite Contributor

Default Yerf dog 3206 brake prob

hello everyone. hope all is well...
i have a 3206 YERF DOG and i tried to bleed the brakes
by doing the following..
pumped brakes and held brake down and opened bleeder then closed bleeder and
did this tons of time over and over...next day i bought a 7 dollar bleeder kit and tried the same thing and i still can't get
the dam thing to brake and stop the yerf. once i press the brake and push the kart by hand it still rolls.. do u think my master cylnderis ****.... i also pressed on brakes and checked to see pads were squeezing against disc and they seem to only move a hair....ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRETIATED.... and are the pads suppose to be really close to the disc of backed off the disc quite a bit? maybe i am doing something wrong...

Last edited by COBRAHMA; 08-10-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Pads should be very close to the rotor.There is an adjustment screw/bolt at the master cylinder- have you tried to adjust the bolt longer?,not enough throw into the plunger makes a huge difference.That last little bit of push was critical for me to get them to work after the master cylinder got some wear and tear on it. I replaced my master cylinder twice for exactly the same reason-wouldn't lock up brakes after a short while and then wouldn't bleed to get good pressure. I finally got a motorcyle master cylinder and haven't had any more issues.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Lite Contributor

hey man i tried adjusting the rod to its full length and dam thing still does not brake at all...i even put the bleading bottle oil just comes through half the clear line then it doesn't move anymore.. do u think its the master cylnder or the caliper?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

The master cylinder is probably bad- if the caliper isn't froze up or leaking then chances are that it's still good.FYI- I bought a new master cylinder from BMI and it wouldn't work either- BMI exchanged it and the second one worked and then failed less than a year later- same issue you're having- couldn't adjust rod out far enough to make it work correctly.I replaced the it with a rear master from a FZR600:http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/at...1&d=1310958440
I have brakes that lock up the rear solid (stock master cylinders was never this good)
Old 08-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Heavy Contributor

did you disconnect any of the brake lines for some reason or did the brakes just start to fade?
Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Lite Contributor

well since i got it it only braked very lightly and then they just didn't stop the kart anymore.. i ordered a new master cylinder.. hopefully thats the prob....
i also order a caliper so ...

i did disconnect both hoses from each end and blew them out with compressor.. jus t to make sure that the line were clear from anything in the line.. but oil lines were very clean so i don't that was the prob.. i think the master cylinder is just sucking in air with every pump....
we will see , thanks
Old 08-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Lite Contributor

ok installed new master cylinder and new caliper..
now brakes are working great.seems both were bad....
back to building trailer about 60% done, a little more welding to do
but i am hoping to get one nature run at least before summer is over....
whats a good free website to post pics maybe i can put some as i build it
and pics of carts or is there a section on this forum for pics..
thanks for your help

Last edited by COBRAHMA; 08-17-2011 at 12:33 PM.