BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Lurker

Default New retractable seat belts for our Yerf Dog 30032...

I bought a Yerf Dog 30032 for $400 off of Craigslist last Sunday that was in excellent shape. It had been sitting in a garage for 5 years so the carb was gunked up and it idled a little rough so I replaced the Tecumseh carb with a new one and cleaned up the kart and it's like a new machine. The seat belts that came standard on those Yerf Dogs were not very good and I didn't trust my kids and their friends to cinch them up snug every time they rode it so I replaced them today with a pair of new 3 point retractable seat belts I got from jbugs.com aka seatbeltsplus.com. It was going to be a tight fit to mount the retractor down low between the frame and the seat so I mounted them a little higher and more inboard behind the seat. That gets it out of the way and will help keep the retractor mechanism clear of debri. Now when you get in the seatbelts are always snug no matter the size of the occupant and they will lock up if they hit any bumps or, god forbid, any obstacles. I also mounted a wide angle mirror I got from AutoZone so both the driver and passenger can see behind the kart and so it doesn't have to be adjusted for drivers of different height. BTW, this kart has been a very fun beginner buggy for the kids and...uh...their dad.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2172.jpg (93.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2173.jpg (95.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2175.jpg (91.2 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2176.jpg (88.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2177.jpg (89.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2178.jpg (94.9 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by replayreb; 05-21-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

That Yerf is almost mint! for $400. you did well.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Lurker

It is in great condition. I was getting frustrated because 90% of the listings on Craigslist for Go Karts or Buggies in decent condition were already sold by the time I called because most forget to remove the listings so I learned you have to watch Craigslist like a hawk. This one showed up and I jumped on it immediately. I couldn't be happier.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Lite Contributor

very nice clean machine

squirt some dirt